Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keys

I woke up this morning to my phone ringing. It was Lindy asking me to watch Mercy, while she went to the Doctor. Mom was at Bible study, so I told Lindy I would meet her over at Mom's. I got up, threw on some clothes, grabbed my phone & key chains, then made my way over to Mom's. I was almost to her back door when I looked at the key chains in my hand & said to myself, "I can't unlock the door with NO keys!" I turned around & was headed back to my house, when I realized, I can't in my house without keys either!!! I have never locked myself out of my house before & don't normally lock my house if I'm going to be at Mom's just for a bit. But today I decided to lock to door. Back in the Fall I had taken my keys off of my overly loaded key chain & minimized what I carry. I had hung the not used anymore key chains back on the hook by the door. Why I grabbed that this morning is beyond me. I called Lindy to see if she had a key & she didn't. I called Danny & couldn't get him. Mom had her phone turned off, but thankfully I remembered the church's #. I called & they went to locate her. Here's the conversation with Mom, once she called me.

Me: Mom, I'm locked out of the house.

Mom: OK....Will you hold on a minute? (She starts talking to someone else)

Me: Mom! Mercy is on her way here & I can't get in the either house!

Mom: I'm on my way. I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Moral of the story, if I ever need anything, just mention Mercy & I get noticed.

1 comment:

  1. haha
    I know that feeling....
    I've locked myself out before.
    Its rare but it does happen.
    Chris locked me out more than once! Even when I told him DO NOT LOCK THE DOOR.
    We have not had that trouble here,I have a garage door opener, so that works better! but when we lived in TX it happend all too much.

    I can just hear your moma! LOL Oh Vickie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.