Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Getting Things Ready

Since D's new job has come up suddenly (Praise the Lord), we are having to get some things in order. He will loose his insurance for 3 months, on his last day at his first job. He has to wait 90 days until he can get insurance through the new job. I'm not fond of having no insurance. So, today we went to get eyes checked & get new glasses.
I was wanting to get glasses & contacts, since I haven't had contacts in over a year or so. D thought I could get both, but once there we realized that I couldn't. I had to choose, I decided glasses. But I wanted to go on & find out what my contact prescription was so that once the new insurance came into effect I could get some then. The doctor gave me a trail pair & they felt pretty good. They are 2 week contacts. Once it came time to pay, they inform me that the trail pair are $50!!!! Not covered by insurance. By this time D & I have been there 3 hours...Yes 3 hours! Both of us have dilated eyes & are the last people in the place. I didn't have the strength to fight it. We told them we couldn't pay, because we couldn't. Now we have a new issue to deal with. I don't want them! As soon as I found out that they were $50 my eyes hurt! They weren't comfy at all.
I wasn't very happy with the place either. I have gone to the same eye doctor my whole life & she is absolutely awesome, but our insurance no longer covered her. I hope the new insurance will.

Next week is going to be weird, because D is going to be working both jobs. Pray for strength for him. He'll be finishing up his 2 weeks & beginning the new place.

I'm also not quite sure where I stand with my job, since D will no longer be on a 6-3 schedule. Right now Kieth takes me to work with him & D picks me up. So we will have to see about that. Lord, we need a 2nd car. We are hoping that will happen this year.

1 comment:

  1. I like the part about as soon as you found out that they were $50 you eyes starting hurting!!!! LOL you're killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.