Then I started taking down the 2 little Christmas trees. I hadn't planned on it, but the mood struck & I went with it. I'm still not feeling all better & neither is D. He was actually off today! He happened to wake up, just in time for the Rose Parade. We watched that while I finished taking down the little trees.
Since I was already in the get my house back in order swing of things, I attacked the big tree! This is a big deal for me, because I rarely take the tree down on New Years. I'm a middle of January kinda girl. Well...With the tree being down, that left the living room looking odd. I had arranged it just for the tree. D was so sweet to help me out in the moving things around, even though he was still sick. We finally got it the way we wanted....Ahem...The way I wanted, but not before my back went out! I didn't really move anything either!!! That's what is so frustrating. I had looked back over January 2007, because I was planning on doing a year in review, but had no energy for it yesterday, but anyway....My back was out last New Years Eve & Day. So, we spent the New Year in the bed. This year we are sick & now my back is out. That's a fine how do you do!
Back to my story...We crashed & watched more I LOVE LUCY. Did I mention my new whole DVD collection of I LOVE LUCY? It is incredible!!! It amazes me how much they actually cut out of the shows that normally air. Plus it's so sweet to see the progression of the characters. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! And it's totally me & D time. He has fallen in love with Lucy too, after being with me for 8 years. He cracks me up, I am not allowed to watch any of it without him. Hahaha!
OH, Rufus & Lilly May were getting ready for the next few very cold days that are ahead. I had to take pictures.....




How did you spend the first day of 2008?

I read your devotion below. Thank you for sharing. It is what I needed to hear as well and I think others will also be challenged in this area of their life as well.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better today!
Hope you get to feeling better. My Husband took a fall yesterday and I spent some time in the ER, getting medication and taking care of him. What a way to start the year huh?
ReplyDeletei went shopping with jessica... yesterday and today!
ReplyDeleteCleaning and watching VH1 modelthon.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I still have not took my tree down. Maybe I need to watch Lucy. I Love lucy is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI spent it unpacking... so what else is new?
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing...I hope you back gets better. The entire collection of I Love Lucy...WOW..now that's a great present. I have the first 3 seasons. I hope to finish my collection one day.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you.