Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Best Birthday I've Ever Had!!!!!

D making my birthday cake.





Haha...My eyes are closed! This movie was marvelous!!!! We enjoyed it so much & will totally buy it when it comes out on DVD. If you love fairy tales, this is a movie for you.


My first dippin dots from a vending machine & D's first ones ever!
Snacks we snuck in...Yes they are on the floor! I didn't even think about until I took the picture & I grabbed them up wondering what the heck I was thinking putting them on the floor. Yuck!
Hog heaven...No pun intended.
One of my favorite resturaunts.
Do you know what this is???



D cracks me up....Shrimp alfredo, baked beans & fries.

The "beautiful" but very delish cake Mom made.

D's finished cake!

Beware of the cleavage! Yikes!



My wonderful gifts!



Look it's PINK CRYSTAL'S!



This was honestly the very best birthday I have ever had. D was wonderful, this is the first year he did everything himself. I was tired of getting things I had picked out & didn't unwrap. I wanted surprises this time. And surprised I was. I hadn't unwrapped a bday present since I turned 21! So, to get to unwrap 3 gifts, wrapped in actual birthday paper & not Christmas paper, meant the world to me. It's the small things people. And to have 2 birthday cakes! Holy Moly! What a special day I had. Thanks to D for being absolutely incredible! To Mom for...Being Mom. To Staci, for the special surprise. And to everyone that took time to call me, comment on my blog & myspace. It made me smile bigger than you can imagine!


PS...After all that rich food, I now have a tummy ache. Anyone want to come help me eat some cake?







12 comments:

  1. AWE!!! I didn't kow you lived next door to Paula Dean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice of you to drop by. I love your Christmas look. Fun getting to see your video and hear your adorable southern accent. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many comments....lol. The doc martin comment made me miss you. All of you talking made me miss the south... I have to get a stronger argument to make to Aaron to move down there. (he has a lot of reasons not to move there including an article on the front page of our local newspaper regarding a woman from B'ham who is "unschooling" her kids and letting them learn when and what they want.) And I so get the wrapping the gifts in paper other than Christmas. We are trying so hard to make people realize Jesse's birthday and Christmas are 2 separate things, it is harder than I thought. I make it a point to make his birthday HIS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...D did GOOD on his cake...does that mean that his was nasty??? If your moma's was...well, not so pretty but good?? I want those dippin' dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun BIRTHDAY!!! Totally jealous of it all. Lee always does awesome on the gifts but never with a cake and a party. I gotta tell ya something funny so I'll email soon. HUGS! Happy Birthday (WEEK).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana- I love that my birthday happens to be in the most celebrated month, but it's also a curse. Mainly because it gets forgotten. Or people will say, here's your Christmas/birthday gift. I know that $ is tight this time of year, but it wasn't my fault I was born in Dec. I have always said that if I had children in December that I would celebrate their bday in the Summer & do something small on their actual bday. Maybe you could try that with Jesse. And it's special to have presents wrapped in birthday paper. You don't realize how much that means.

    Donna~ D's cake was super yummy & very moist! I was quite impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually the doll is from Phoenix! There is a story behind it, call me and I will share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday, Hootie! Love ya! Auntie D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have blogged me and told me that you were coming to eat at the Fish Market in Calera. We would have joined you...Right down the road from us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.