Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Christmas One!!!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way. The thought of egg nog makes me sick to my stomach.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, when I was a kid, some were left un-wrapped, like the "big" gifts. But there was always tons more to unwrap.

Colored lights on tree or white? I have colored lights, but both are good. It depends on the theme of the tree. I personally think that colored lights are more childlike, so they are better for kids. :)

Do you hang mistletoe? I don't, but I would if D would climb a tree to get me some!

When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible!!! Normally the middle of November.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Hhhmmm...I love oven fried corn & ham rolls. Plus my Auntie D's seafood dip.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? That's a hard one to choose. I would have to say one is being at my Granny's with all the family & hearing Santa coming on the firetruck. Then grabbing our coats & running up the driveway to see him. Another would be staying up to see where Santa was on the weather radar, before I could go to bed. I still do both things to this day!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was in first grade & my friend Tonnie (Jamie's sister) told me. I didn't believe her though, so I asked my Mom & she confirmed it.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Normally PJ's to wear that night.

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With everything I love.

Can you ice skate? Heck no! I have tried, but I end up walking with both hands on the wall the entire time. The one time I did, try to skate out on the rink, I was with a friend that had long hair, so as I was falling I grabbed her hair & we both went down!

Do you remember your favorite gift? Gosh....Barbie Dream House, by far.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The Joy

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My Granny's carrot cake

What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't really have a favorite, because I love it all.

What tops your tree? A big red & green bow

Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love them both. Honestly who, doesn't like to get presents? I enjoy the giving more now as an adult than I did as a kid.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? I absolutely adore Christmas music! No one favorite, but the best are the old classics, sung but Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Brenda Lee, Nat King Cole

6 comments:

  1. You found out in first grade??Ah man. I didn't until fourth. I think I was in denial the year before. I hate kids who spoil the fun for others. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find out about Santa until the sixth grade and it was my teacher who spoiled it for me. I didn't like her at all after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U DON'T LIKE EGGGNOG!!!!! Crystal!--it's D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!!!! And I believed 'til I was about in the 6th grade...(maybe it was longer than that...I dunno...I believed for a LONG time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! You mean you don't believe in Santa?!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggnog is gross and I still believe in Santa, so don't try to tell me otherwise! Besides, Santa Claus is coming to town in 25 days...he had his head Elf deliver a new truck to John a little early so he can make his real visit to our house on Christmas Eve night.
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.