....Are the longest hours EVER! Yep, that's right, we were in the ER tonight.
We have been concerned with D's blood pressure, for awhile. It was pretty high, during his whole back surgery ordeal, but they just said it was high because of the pain. Since then, he would check it in those machines at the store & it has been on the higher side.
The other day, he checked it & was was really high, so I made him an appointment with my general practitioner. He's never really needed one, since he's pretty healthy. His appointment isn't until the 19th, but he went this morning to have all his lab work done. But the rest of the day, he just didn't feel well. I went to the store this evening & when I got home, I was worried about him. I wanted him to let me take him just down the road to the fire station & have his blood pressure checked. He was bull-headed & wouldn't go. I got Maw-n-Law involved! The next thing I know, we are in Mom's car going to the fire station. Hahaha! They checked it 3 times & it was 175 over 105. They said he needed to go to the ER. And that's where we spent almost 3 hours, waiting on the meds to help bring it down.
I'm calling tomorrow, to try & get his Dr appointment moved up. The ER doc, said that he doesn't need to wait until the 19th.
Poor D, he doesn't have a temper & he's the most laid back, calm person I've ever met & now he has high blood pressure. It just proves anyone can have it. It does run in his family, his Mom & brother both have it.
That's it from me...I'm tired & off to bed.

Praying that D's blood pressure will lower on its own. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteHope all is well and fine....take care.
ReplyDeleteYep, high blood pressure is no respector of persons.....blek.
ReplyDeleterg
Does he need some r&r? I know he got some time off with his injury but that was for recuperation!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePoor Guy. Lee dealt with blood pressure issues a couple of years ago but his was due to stress with job promotion tests and such...it is scary no matter what.
ReplyDelete