Monday, August 27, 2007

A New Adventure!!!

Yesterday, Lindy was telling me that the secretary at the church had put in her resignation. Lindy really wants to take over the part time position, but her back is really bad right now. And she has been scheduled for a 2nd back fusion on Sept 14th with 16 weeks of recovery. I told her that I wouldn't mind filling in at the church, until she can come to work. Well, to be honest I didn't think much of it. Pastor Joe called me last night & was happy to know I wanted to work, because he had no clue what he was going to do. I am going in for my first day....TODAY @ 9am! The old secretary, will be training me this week. I'm really excited, because anyone that knows me, knows I love office work. I am nervous though, but I'm not really sure why, since it will just be me, Pastor Joe & Keith there. Pastor Joe was so funny, he asked me how well, Keith & I would work together. I told him that I would just keep my mouth shut! Hahahaha! Lindy said he asked her the same thing about her & Keith working together.
One thing that will be a challenge for me is getting UP at 5:15am & not going to bed at that time. I have to get up that early to take D to work. Then I'll come home, get ready & go to work. I'll then have to drive to pick D up from work. To bad, our home, D's work & our church aren't around each other. I'm going to be spending alot of my day in the car. I may call Onstar ( my cousin Laurie) to see if there is an easier way to get everywhere.

So, be praying that my nerves will settle & that the transition will be a smooth one...Also for my back. Thankfully it's a laid back situation, so I'm sure I can lay down if needed.

I need to go fix my thermos (Red sparkly one from Starbucks) of coffee & pack my lunch...That makes me excited! I'm going to go buy me a cute pink lunch box on Friday. I'm glad all the back to school stuff is still out. I saw some cute lunch boxes at Target the other day.

I'll let you know how my day goes....Adios!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Today!!

    But on other matters........

    SHE GOD BLESSED GOD!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- Lee & I both died laughing. She's a complete MORON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic! Keep us updated on what it's like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the job! I am just now reading your blog! dd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.