Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Magic Of Myspace

A bit of history....

Those that know me personally know the story, but I'll sum it up, for those that don't....My biological father, is a creep. And that's putting it nicely. I much rather prefer to call him sperm donor, SD for short. He & my Mom divorced when I was 6 years old. I haven't spoke to him since I was 11. It's been longer than that since I've seen him. But there never was a relationship with him & I to begin with, so I wasn't missing much. He has & does continue to do unimaginable, awful things. But throughout my life, I have not really had anything to do with his side of the family. He has 6 brothers & sisters, & they are all really good people. He was the missing link in the bunch. I was always afraid, to pursue those family dynamics, with my aunts, uncles & cousins. They never really pursued me, because they didn't want to make me feel awkward, so we have both missed out on each others lives. I have always felt a bit like I was adopted or something. I only have Mom's side of the family & don't have much knowledge of the other blood that runs through my veins. I would see my kin folk, out in public & we would always stop & chat a bit. But how much can you know about someone from brief encounters at the Winn Dixie?

Back in the beginning of the year, I started searching for my younger cousins on myspace. I found 2 of them, so I was I was Looky-loo into the life they shared on the web. I finally got up the nerve to message my youngest cousin & she was so happy to hear from me. We have continued to chat back & forth since. Last week, Mom & I stopped by her work & it was the first time I had seen her since she was a young teen...She's 23 now. We decided that we should get together soon. Well, today was the day.

I was nervous this am, because I was afraid SD, would have found out about the meeting & show up. So, Mom & I were on our guard, but everything went so good & I had a blessed time seeing my aunt, 2 cousins & 2 twin baby cousins (twins are very dominate on that side). We plan on getting together again & learning about the years we have spent apart.

Here are pictures from the visit...





3 comments:

  1. It was alot of fun seeing them again. I'm not sure if the babies had a good time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reconnection is always fun! Thank God your time with your cousins wasn't marred by an unwanted visitor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.