Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tammy Faye



I wanted to take a few minutes & honor a woman who was known for her mounds of mascara. But she was also known for her love & compassion for others. She embraced the ones, that most Christians, would rather turn their backs on. She didn't judge, she loved. She went places, had friends & came into people lives, all the while, leading by example. Being the salt of the earth. This little woman, was a ball full of energy & it's sad that she will no longer be here on the earth to share her experiences & her joy. But I know she is dancing before the Lord as I type this . The world would be a better place, if there were more people, living their lives with so much compassion.

3 comments:

  1. Just another example of "Judging a Book by its cover"! She was an 'TRUE' Lady of God and I LOVED her. She will be greatly missed. If we all had a little bit of Tammy Faye in us the world would be a much better place by far!!!
    The greatest gift of the Holy Spirit is LOVE and she was a true example of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the pleasure of waiting on her a few times at the restaurant I worked at, and I tell you, that was one of the sweetest ladies you would ever want to meet...it always took her family 3 hours to finish a meal, because so many people would come up and talk to them, and she would make time for each person, like they were the only one that mattered. What a true lady and child of God...she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't know she died until today! I read it on Nicole's blog. I some how missed this post! I watched a 30 minute deal on her today on TBN. She had the spirit of the Lord on her- she shared her testimony of how she was saved in an AG church at 10 years of age. It was precious to hear her tell the story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.