Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rearranging & Something New Too

I was accused by a certain someone that I haven't been posting many pictures lately. I hope this makes that...Ahem....Certain someone happy. :)
Here is my living room now. I took our old dining table & am using it as the entertainment center. I like it much better. The desk behind the couch, was one I got from freecycle awhile ago. I came from my room, where I was using the drawers for clothing & also to house our TV.
The lamp on the desk & the one next to the recliner also came with the bedroom furniture. I adore lamps. I can't stand overhead light. It's too harsh. Lamp lights adds a "homey comfy" feel to a space. I have 6 lamps in the living room & 2 in the kitchen. I also plan on recovering all my pillows & making a few new rag rugs, since our floor is just plywood for now. It sure makes moving furniture much easier. A plus for the master furniture rearranger that I am.
I am so blessed with this furniture. I have tons of storage now. I'm going to repaint the furniture eventually. Tonnie had her bedroom decorated with a Medival theme. Just another project to add to my ever growing list. But I enjoy painting.
No, my bed is not made, as you can see in the reflection of the mirror. It's a rare occasion that it's made. Hey, I'm an adult, I can NOT make my bed as much as I want too. And I never want too. Thankfully I have a messy husband who can care less. Life is sweet.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.....so your camera does still work!!!! I'm sooooo relieved. :)

    How do you make a rag rug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine sitting in your living having a cuppa with you...it is so cozy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You house looks great! I love the curtains in your living room - too cute.

    And I'm with you on the not making the bed thing. I NEVER make our bed. If my hubby comes home and the bed is made he knows that there are two possible reasons - 1) we have freshly laundered sheets or 2) we're expecting guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pictures too. Because you post so many it keeps me posting. Makes the post more enjoyable! I think Nicole has been bitten by the photo bug too! Now we just need that bug to bite Tiff! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.