D returns to work on Monday, so we thought that since the Dr said it was OK, we would go swimming. It's something D has been dreaming of doing, since his surgery. We got over to Betty's & well, Jamie's now too around 11am. D was immediately taken to the basement to play Lego's Star Wars, on the Game Cube, with Tres & Bryant. Jamie & I did some talking, then tried to watch Marie Antoinette, but we kept talking. So, we ended up only watching the first scene. Throughout the talking, we did accomplish eating some brownie ice cream.
We finally made it out to the pool, late in the afternoon. D had a "playdate" with Tres & Bryant. They love him. And we all had our own Star Wars identities.
After swimming for a few hours, D & I came home, took showers & waited for Jamie & Hank to pick us up. We went to see "Transformers" at the drive-in. It was D's very first time to a drive-in. They had to close all of them down in LA, since everyone was getting killed & such. Anyway, it was half price night, so it was only $5 for the carload. Jamie made us some hotdogs & I popped popcorn. So, it was a very cheap date. Jamie & I weren't too thrilled about Transformers, but we endured it. And the weather was so cool & nice. It was definitely not a normal July night in Bama. There was no humidity & even a cool breeze. I thanked the Lord for it too. Jamie & I would laugh from time to time, overhearing how excited our husbands were over different things in the movie. Jamie & I were just fascinated by the intricate dialog throughout the film *insert sarcasm here*. We told the guys that they have to go see Hairspray with us now, since we had to sit through big metal, talking things beating each other up. I ended up eating 5 hotdogs!!! And I don't even like hotdogs! I guess I was hungry...Well, not really, I had just eaten a large Reese cup Blizzard (my cure all)!
D's first Drive-in...Bless his heart, he kept calling it a Drive-thru. So, if he tells you about it, he went to the Drive-thru movie. ;)
Me & one of my many hotdogs.
The crew!

We took the girls a few weeks ago to see Ratatouille. It was fun! ~Amber
ReplyDeleteI feel D's pain--I call Drive Thrus "drive ins". :)
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't pay me to see the Transformers movie. You are a good sport.
I love your explanation for the closing down of the drive ins in LA. "Getting killed and such" :) It's all those damn Greasers and Socs rumbling!
I've never been to a drive in either. Funny that when I read Drive thru I thought "that is right" but then I was like oh no its drive in- anyway- I like how you just put people were being killed like it was no big deal... that is LA for you!
ReplyDelete