Sunday, I went to church. D stayed home, he just can't sit for very long & he would be miserable. I was going to follow Keith & Lindy home, to borrow some movies for my bored husband, but they ended up inviting us over to grill out burgers. I went & picked up D & we spent the afternoon at their house.
I brought D home & then I left again. I went with Mom & Danny to the Master's Commission Graduation. I graduated from MC, 11 years ago. It's neat going back as an alumni & seeing the growth & change in the program. It was the best graduation I've attended. I also got to see tons of old friends, which is always alot of fun.
Monday, D had to work, so we didn't grill out. Mom had made some of her pork roast & cole slaw. When D got home, we went over & got some food & came back home. D went to bed early & I watched Miss Universe 2007. I had gone on the website, before the show & wrote down all my favorites based on their photos, in my trusty notebook. I had picked 11 out of the top 15. Then the top 10, were all of my picks. The top 5 were my favorite of all of them. This had never happened before, I normally pick quite a few of the top ones, but never the entire top 10. I was pleased. *smile* I know I take this way too seriously, but I always watch pageants this way. Anyway, it was a little bit of an exciting pageant, when Miss USA's feet came out from under her & she fell flat on her butt, during her stroll, in the Evening Gown competition. I was thinking that she wouldn't make the Top 5 after that. But she did! Over Miss Mexico, who's country the show was being hosted in. Needless to say the crowd was not happy with the choice of Miss USA & let it be known. I thought that Miss Venezuela or Miss Brazil would win & was shocked that Miss Japan, took the prize. But I'm glad she won.

Thanks for the Miss Universe run down. I started watching but fell asleep.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice weekend!
Did you hear Jeremy DeWeerdt is now Lead Pastor at Assembly of God in Rockford? That is awesome! I can't wait to hear him preach next time I visit my family!
I'm glad your weekend went well after a bumpy start with a bored hubby. I pray that when he's recuperating that all will go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteawe... you know what would be GREAT and I know you can do this... is if you put a video of Miss USA falling on your blog.
ReplyDeletedon't let me down ;)
Whoa! Top 10 hand picked by you :) You are qualified to be a judge too Crystal :)
ReplyDelete