Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dance, Shop, Chalk, Dirt

Saturday, Mom & I went to the civic center, to see Mercy's dance in her recital.
From there, we met up with Keith & Lindy at the Mall, for lunch. Mercy, rode with us, because she insisted on spending the day with Nanna. After lunch,Mercy & I rode the Carousal, then we went to Lane Bryant. They are going to be closing the store for a few months to remodel, so everything in the store is 50% off. I got 2 shirts for $6 a piece & Mom, got a couple of things. While she stood in the line, that stretched to the door, for about 2 hours, I entertained Mercy. She & I had a grand time, we finally just went & sat on the floor (Well, I did), while she continued to dance everywhere.


When we got home, I had planned on doing some gardening. But the thought of Mercy being next door & it being so nice outside, tempted me over there & I didn't come back until after dark. We had lots of fun, including chalking Mom's driveway. Mercy also decorated the porch.


























Then today, I did my gardening. I've been transplanting stuff from Mom's yard, as well as planting some clippings from different things. One thing that was really cool, was at the end of the Summer, I went to my Paw's & got some clippings off of Gardenia & Camellia trees (2 of my favorites). They were some that my Granny had planted & I think clippings that are taken from things family members have planted are so special. Mom has somethings in her yard that came from her Grandmother. I'm going to bring some of those to my yard too.

Well, anyway, back to my story, I had put those Gardenia & Camellia clippings in a bucket of water & left them at Mom's. I just kept forgetting about them. As I walked by them the other day, I noticed that the Gardenia clippings had blooms! They were rooted & blooming in the water! They've been in that bucket for about 10 months. I was shocked & happy. So, that's what I planted today. I have always enjoyed working in the yard, but the older I get the more & more I love it. I was covered in dirt, by the time I came into the house. There is just such a pride that comes from taking something, nurturing it & watching it grow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad we got to see you guys for a minute! Mercy is so adorable! That child should model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet!!! Takes me back to when my girls were that age and all the dance recitals they were a part of.
    rg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.