Tuesday, May 22, 2007

3 Fat Sweaty Girls

This morning started out pretty early. Mom had a Dr appointment, so we left the house at 8:15. My cousin Bonnie, had spent the night at Mom's, to go shopping today with us. So Mom dropped Bonnie & I off at Walmart, while she went to the Dr. We first made a stop, so Bonnie could fix her hair, with a special bobby pin. Then we walked around a bit & went into Subway for Bonnie, to eat breakfast. She made me eat a cookie. And we talked & talked. While sitting there, I had an itch at the base of my neck/back, so I reached around & felt what I thought was a scab. I wondered where it had come from, I picked it off & realized it was a tick! Where it came from I don't know. He had just got on me, because he wasn't fat yet. I flung him across the restaurant (natural reflex), so I bet someone had an extra "spice" in their sub.

Mom came to pick us up & we were on our way to Stein Mart. Mom was asked to model in a fashion show on Friday. We had to go there, for her to have a fitting & find all the outfits she will wear. Bonnie & I had fun, picking out stuff. But the lady in charge, didn't approve of our taste. We aren't snobby enough, I guess. Mom needed 3 outfits. 1 casual. 1 semi dressy. 1 evening. The thing we picked out as her semi dressy, just wouldn't do. It was considered casual. Seriously it was a linen capri set, it sure as heck isn't something we would were to go buy groceries. Anywho....Bonnie & I ended up going to our kind of store Ross, while Mom finished up.

We then met up with Auntie D, at On The Border, for lunch. I have never eaten there & it was delightful! We went over to a store to look for a dress, that Auntie D, was looking for to wear to Laurie's wedding. We didn't find it & she had to get back to work.

We were then finally on our way to Lane Bryant. We wanted to get a few more things, since everything was on sale. To our pleasant surprise the store was now 70% off & not 50% anymore!!! Bonnie grabbed me & we ran to the store. We all were literally loaded down with stuff. I have never gone shopping, where everything I tried on, I liked & it fit me good. While in the dressing room, the lady next to us heard me & Bonnie talking about all the stuff we had & the lady dropped a coupon over the wall. She said it sounded like I were going to be buying alot & she thought I could use it more than her. What a blessing! We were so ready to get out of there, because we were sweating to death. I'm not kidding. My hair was ringing wet. We were a hot mess, that's for sure.

We all got some good stuff. I got $300 worth, for $81!!!! It was a garbage bag full. And all needed too. I just don't have many "nice" clothes, plus I've lost weight. I'm super happy with everything I got. And I wouldn't have been about to get near as much, if not for that lady blessing me with the coupon.

We stopped by to get some prescriptions filled & we were delirious by this point, so everything was funny. We got home & American Idol came on. I said it was boring & Bonnie said, she enjoyed my commentary throughout the whole show.

All in all, it was one happy, fun, sweaty, hot, blast of a day!


The grilled chicken nachos Bonnie & I ate. This plate was huge! And it was just an appetizer.
Us girls, after some good eaten.
Bonnie & I running off our lunch. Thankfully those kids were there to chase us.

Here we are "The 3 fat sweaty girls." Mom was so frazzled she has Bozo hair!

Me trying to get the camera from D. My makeup is completely gone.
Mom yelling, "Bonnie go home!!!"
And now I am Birdie sitting. The bug man is coming to Mom's tomorrow, so Auzzie & Harriett are spending the night with me. When Mom was carrying him over here, he said, "Where we going?" And when I took the cage from her, he said, "Havin fun!" Now I can't get out of his sight or he goes ballistic!

5 comments:

  1. Okay...I just got back from the gym and those nachos...oh, those nachos...I could eat my computer monitor right now! And what's this speacial bobby pin Bonnie had to have? Ya'lls maniquin poses crack me up! Oh, and if you click on the picture of all 4 of ya'll at the table...look at that paper on the table showing that dessert! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. note to self.........don't read Crystal's blog while eating breakfast- tick plus food= not a good match for the belly

    as I had a visual of you sloooowly reaching back to find it on your neck- YUM1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum.... I think I need some nachos today! :) Minus the tick of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love the note pinned to the lamp shade. HA! bb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Crystal....thank you for sharing, it was as if I was there right next to all of you :)

    I wish I could have a day off just like that pampering myself with my girlfriends and Oh...can I join in your club?

    Fashion show?? Hmm..interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.