The last few days have been pretty frustrating. They sent D to the Workmans Comp Dr on Wednesday. D told them he had a ruptured disk, but they said they couldn't get the report from the ER. They (workmans comp) diagnosed him with a lumbar strain??? How did they do that with no tests?
He went back yesterday, for physical therapy & they said again they couldn't get the report. Last night he was in extreme pain. I didn't know what to do. But I knew one thing, they weren't going to touch my husband again, until they had the report saying he has a ruptured disk. I didn't understand, why in the world they would even lay a hand on him without the proper diagnosis. They could very well be doing more damage. I was fuming to say the least. We have the film from the MRI & they said they didn't want to see it. But he took it with him today & they apparently finally got the report. They said, "You sure do have a ruptured disk." Now, I totally understand that they have to have proof & there are plenty of workmans comp claims that are not valid. But come on. D has been with this company for over 6 yrs & has never caused a lick of trouble. It just seemed to me they didn't want to know the truth, so they don't have to pay for it. I was praying so much the am, that things would work out. And prayfully, that are sending him to a neurosurgeon. The disk is ruptured really badly & it also has a piece broken off. Yikes! No wonder he's in super pain. They are going to see if they can use the surgeon D saw on Tuesday, but if not he'll go to one of theirs. We are hoping for our Dr. D is glad that he's going to have surgery, but also scared to death. I'm just thankful that this has moved along quickly & he won't be in pain any longer. It's just awful to watch someone you love hurt that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!!!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.