Monday, March 19, 2007

My Weekend & My Monday

Saturday was pretty much a nothing day for me. D had to work that morning & then went to helped Keith with the move. Once he got home, we did pretty much nothing. I've gotten him hooked on "Flip that House" on A&E. They show 2 episodes on Saturday night, so we veg while those are on. I didn't even wear green....I wore gray. I was in bed before midnight, thanks to my Saturday night drug Tylenol PM.

Sunday was a long day. Beginning with being at church extra early for worship practice. Lindy & the other alto were both sick, so they were only 3 of us up there with Brandon (Worship leader). I ended having to be the lead vocal. Yikes! I was freaking so bad, my lip was quivering, I guess the spirit of Elvis fell on me or something. Ha! I haven't been on a worship team in 7 years, I'm not quite used to it yet. It seemed to be a morning of mishaps...Not only were 2 singers sick, the guitar players, guitar fell & the neck broke, the wrong words were up on the screen, a mic stand broke & a channel on the sound board went out. I don't think Satan is too happy with the changes that are taking place in there.
From church D & I went to the Chinese Buffet...Yum! One of my fave places to eat.
We went home changed & then headed to Keith & Lindy's. We went to help them unpack. We got tons done & didn't get home until about 10.

This is just "some" of Lindy's spices. I wasn't finished putting them all in there. I was in awe & inspire to have a cabinet like this one day. I'm not kidding. I told her anytime I need something, I'm coming to her house.
D's very first Grapico. I had to capture the moment.
Patches...Seriously the best dog that ever lived.
This is what Mercy used when she took a nap. She's such a diva.
But for her to let me take her picture with it, I had to promise to let her take my picture with the mask too.





D was home today & I had a slow start getting moving. Once I did, we went to the library (our weekly trip) & to Dollar General, to browse & left with a bag full of stuff for $7. I got a notebook & a pack of pens **These are some of my favorite things.....** Oh, they have some pretty cute stuff, I'm sure the Easter Bunny would love to use to fill some baskets. I thought I would help him out. wink wink We haven't bought groceries yet, so we went to the grocery store & walked around "trying" to find something for supper. Don't you just hate it when you are in a grocery store & can't find anything to eat?!?! Drives me nuts! I ended up getting stuff to make the good old stand by...Spaghetti.
When we got home, we visited with Mom & Danny out on the front porch. I cooked supper. We watched Prison Break & then low & behold the cleaning bug bit me! That hasn't happen in a really long time. I don't think it's happen any in 2007. Hahaha! I just finished & my house sure smells clean. I love that feeling.

I haven't watched Dancing with the Stars yet. I tell you what I think later.

6 comments:

  1. Do you mean Flip THIS House? There are 2 different ones now and I like the one that is of the group of people that do it not individual families. You cracked me up with the "spirit of Elvis" comment and I think it was MORE than obvious Satan doesn't like whats going on there (& I don't use that alot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that show too!

    i need some spices... my mom laughs at me b/c I have NONE!! salt, pepper, tenderizer (sp) garlic salt, cinnamon, and a few mrs. dash stuff... wait i have oregano too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!..I think Lindy has every spice imaginable!! AND D has NEVER had a Grapico!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!! Oh, and Prison Break was sooooo goood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched Prison Break & taped the Dance Show. I am so excited to see my man IAN!!! I was a huge 90210 fan! Heck, I still am & love the re-runs! Shhhhh!!!

    What is Grapico???

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me sad that D has never had a Grapico! I would have introduced him a looong time ago if I would have known. It has got to be my all time favorite drink! It takes me back to being a kid! Paw would take us to Marvin's with him and we would get a Grapico and Combos out of the vending machines. They make me smile :) As a matter of fact I had one at the races a couple of weekends ago. Yummy!!! Marylandmommy, you have to try one!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel-I think it's Flip THIS house. I watch them all though. And I love
    Moving Up on TLC. We want to flip house someday, so it's fun to see the challenges.

    MM-Grapico is a grape flavored soft drink. It must be one of those only in the South kinda things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.