I hate to admit it, but it's true. I have not been involved in the lives of people who live in a book, in well, over a month. I have began a few, but they just didn't hold my attention. I am reading a few infertility books, but those don't count to me. I have to have a novel going at all times. The book I'm reading is my friend. I rely on it. If I'm bored, it's there. I have a Dr appointment on Friday & I'm worried because I don't have a book to read in the waiting room & after I'm sent back to the room. At my Dr you have to pretty much schedule your whole day to be there. Even though I'm the first appointment, I'm sure I'll be there a good 3-4 hours. I have shelves of unread books, but I don't want to read those. I go to the library, walk the isles & can't find a anything that draws me in. What am I too do?
I'm a very picky reader, so I can't just pick anything up & start reading. It has to be something I want to invest my time into. Frustration!

I love Ted Dekker...he's awesome out of the box novel writer...think Frank Peretti squared
ReplyDeleteWhen I go to the library I first look at the featured books to see if any peek my interest. I then think of my favorite authors and will look through the collection of their books for any I have not read. You might want to try that if you haven't already. It is hard. If the cover or title does not catch my attention then I don't pick it up. I know I probably am missing out on a lot of great reads like that but most of my visits have to be short. I need to schedule my time more wisely so I can be there awhile. The library is one of my favorite places. My goal is to visit the library in Auburn one day and from the size of it, it should take more than one day. Want to go? dd
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading a book called Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin. You should check it out, you won't be able to put it down.
ReplyDeleteJamie
I have been that way lately myself but it has freed me up to spend more of my time in my Bible without having that other book nagging at me. I am really enjoying my Bible right now. God is showing me things in the Word that I have never noticed before even though I have already read it several times.
ReplyDelete"The Veritas Conflict" by Shaunti Feldhahn is very good. Or try Nicholas Sparks books...The Rescue, The Guardian, A Bend in the Road, or Nights in Rodanthe are good ones to start with.
ReplyDelete