Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Melting Pot

Has anyone ever eaten here before? If so, tell me what you thought. I just realized we have one in the area & thought it would be a fun place to eat. Are they expensive?

10 comments:

  1. I've never eaten there...never even heard of it actually! Looks cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go there about twice a year...it is good..expensive,but really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about it, but I heard its about $40/person...yikes!

    One of my friends goes regularly and she said if you only get fondue appetizer, it's less expensive, but still it's more than most restaurants.

    let me know if you end up going...I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With Cou au Vin on the menu it must be a little HIGH!! Sounds like fun though.

    According to their web-site, they don't open till Feb. 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you go to the website, click on 'about us', then the link for 'The Melting Pot Fact Sheet', it says the average cost per person is $39

    We have on in Charlotte, so I've never been. I very much dislike going anywhere near Charlotte. I get lost EVERYTIME. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have one here and super fun but very EXPENSIVE!!

    You could buy you guys a fondue pot and do it on your own for that price!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I researched Fondue Restaurants a year or so ago only to find the one in our area was closed! I'm glad to see they re-opened (or what ever the case may be). I'm looking forward to a date night with my Hubby! Maybe I should tell him about the place first! ;) ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know they had one hear... we almost ate at one in Nashville but heard about the cost and decided against it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been to the one up near Chicago several times. It is fun and good food - butit is pricey. Definitely a special occassion thing. It was close to $100 for the 3 course dinner - appeatizer, main course & dessert. But I could not pass up chocloate dipped cheesecake, marshmallows, bannanas and other fruits! A chocoholics dream! The oil fondue cooks your sticks faster, the broth one cooks slower. And they have a great house salad dressing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just don't understand why anyone would pay $40.00 to have to cook their own food? Isn't that why you go out...to let someone else do it for you? I can melt my own chocolate for less than $10.00.-Kellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.