I am just not ready for Christmas. I don't want it to get here yet, because once it's over, I have to wait a whole year to decorate again. I want to keep my tree up forever. I just love looking at it & moving my ornaments around. Yes, I rearrange them like I do my furniture. hehe
I haven't really done any shopping. There are a few wrapped gifts under my tree, but not much. There is maybe $30 worth of things under there. I just love wrapping gifts too. I went over to Mom & wrapped all of her gifts, since I'm the designated wrapper chica.
Mom & I are going shopping on Friday & I have a list a mile long, because I am having to do ALL my shopping. So that's going to be fun. Every year it never fails, I say, "We're gonna start shopping earlier." And every year I'm shopping just days before Christmas. One things about this year though, is it's mine & D's first year to not go shopping together. Normally I have a specific thing I want, so I don't really have surprises. Last year I was alittle surprised, because I went into stores & showed him things. Then I left so he could choose what exactly he wanted to get. Not this year...I gave him "Wish List" of possible things to get, but told him that he could do what he wanted to do. So I have no clue for the first time in 7 yrs, what I'll be unwrapping. I'm quite excited!
And to make matters worse, it's almost freakin' shorts weather around here!!! I can't stand that. I want my sweaters, coats & hot chocolate. It's supposed to get cold on Christmas day, thank the Lord.
It's crazy to me that this time, next week it will all be over. That makes me sad...

Why not have a tree all year round? Decorate for all the holidays yet to come! Pink & red & white for valentine's, green & white for St Patrick's, etc...
ReplyDelete