Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Post...Good Riddance 2006

This year didn't end up anything like I had hoped, dreamed, prayed for. I just knew that 2006, would be our year to finally begin a real family. And here it is the very last day & still...Nothing. I'm glad to see 2006 end. I have never been that way before. I always want to cling to the year & not let go. But not this time. 2006 can be put to rest, without me looking back. I absolutely hated this year. I don't think I've had a more miserable one in my life (emotionally & spiritually speaking). Emotionally & Spiritually I'm exhausted. When I think about 2006 all I can see is the pain, the hopelessness, the never ending cycle of being let down. I will end 2006 with a hardened heart. I'm just being honest here. No time to sugar coat anything. I'm sure one day, in the far future, when I look back on 2006, I will see, all the things I've learned & how much I grew. For everything has a purpose & plan. But now, I can't see any of it.

My prayer for 2007 is that I will learn to trust the Lord again. That hope will be restored in my heart. I want 2007 to be a year of change for me. I'm not going to make a prediction like I did last year, because when it doesn't happen it's painful. I'm going to take one day at a time.



Now on to the good memories of 2006...

My love for D has grown stronger & stronger.
My relationship with Mom is better than ever.
I gained some pretty cool new friends that I've never met face to face (and 1 I have met back in the day, but we didn't like each other then), via the blog.
Old friendships have been strengthened.
My MIL are just now beginning to talk again, after over 3 yrs of silence.
D & I both turned 30 (is this a good thing?)
Keith, Lindy & Mercy moved back home.
I learned how to play Farkle.
I got my hair highlighted after 5 hrs in the chair.
Went to American Idol tryouts with Jamie.
I learned the joy of nap taking.
I realized "Lost" was just that...Lost.
Rocco was transformed into my dream puppy, after being surgically altered.
I lost 25 pounds...Still have lots to go.
My Cousin Donna, got engaged, married & moved to NC.
Lot's a babies were born.
Auzzie & Harriet moved to Mom's house.
D got a part time job.
I got a super duper, incredible camera.
I read some very interesting books.
I had the Big Brother Live Feed. I can't wait to get that again!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes trusting in God can be one of the hardest things imaginable. I, too, find this incredibly hard at times. But...I can truly say that I believe 100% that everything he ALLOWS to happen in our lives is for a very specific & equally important reason. Sometimes we may not see His plan for weeks, months or even years, but at some point it will become very clear. But...we have to have an open heart to recieve it. I think that is key. I am saddened to hear how hard 2006 was for you. I can't say I know how you feel...because I honestly do not. All I can say is....you are in my prayers & thoughts. One thing I always find so sweet & innocent in your blog is the love that you & your hubby share. That is a love that most people never find, but always yearn for. That is a true blessing in itself. I wish you the best in the upcoming year. To a happy, joyous 2007 for you & your family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that God will open his store-house of blessings upon you and Daniel this coming year, 2007! I pray that He shows favor for the both of you in everyway, and I thank Him for it NOW, for it has already been done!

    2006 was the year my life turned around for the better. It was probably one of the best years I've had in a long time. I feel like a new person, not only physically but spiritualy as well. I'm very excited and anxious to see what God has in-store for 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like its been a year of waiting...and times of waiting are the hardest (for me anyway.) But it's in those times when we are growing and strengthening. Maybe what you had in 2006 were "growing pains."

    Think about a seed. From the time it bursts out of the ground until it produces its first fruit...lots of time goes by. Until then, all it can do is wait...basking in the sun and drinking in the rain water as it grows.

    And you are doing the same. Keep basking in the Son and drink in the water of His Word...and you will be strengthened...and before you know it...fruit will appear...and you will have the desires of your heart.

    Love ya! Have a blessed 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The year 2006 produced some life altering experiences for me too. I will always remember March of that year because I went through a spiritual awakening and some huge trials, which weren't so pleasant, but I thank God for. God is so good and I could not make my daily walk without Him alive and active in me.

    I pray that you and Daniel have a prosperous new year and for 2007 my prayer is that we all, young and old alike, with eyes to see, ears to hear and a pure heart seek God's will for our lives. I'M BELIEVING GOD! Love you!
    Auntie D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.