Yesterday, I went to tailgate in Auburn. I have never tailgated before & have been telling my cousin's Bonnie & Laurie, who both go to college there, that I would come down someday. Well, it was their finale home game, before they graduate. Yep, that's right for 4 years I've been saying I was gonna tailgate...I barely made it.
I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go afterall. But my Aunt Renee decided to go too, so I road with her, my Uncle Jimbo & Codie.
As we were sitting in traffic, in Auburn, Renee's friend Katrina called & said that they had an extra ticket to the game if someone wanted it. I said I would go. I have only been to 1 college game & it was for Alabama, so it wasn't as fun for me. The day was overcast & it was calling for rain, but it seemed to be holding off. Once we got there, we met up with Laurie & John, then as we were on the bus going to the Stadium, it began to rain. I was totally second guessing myself. Did I really want to go sit in the rain, with the temperatures about to drop into the 50's? It stopped raining & we found my Auntie D, Uncle Bob & Bonnie, outside of the stadium. Laurie really convinced me that I won't get this chance that often & if it rains, who cares? It's more fun! I was sold! My Uncles were so terribly sweet to me & made sure I had $ for food & stuff inside. They will never know how much that touched my heart (brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it). Katrina (she's precious) found us, I left my family & went into the stadium with her to find our seats. We were in the nose bleed section, so we had to walk & walk & walk. But the views from up there were incredible. We got to see the eagle fly around the stadium for her last time, she was retiring. And the band played, then it was kick off. WOW! WOW! WOW! I couldn't believe I was actually sitting in an Auburn. It was too surreal. I had no clue when I got up that morning that I would be experiencing this! I felt funny not having me a shaker, so I went & got me one & it made the screaming I was doing much more fun. ;) The first half of the game the rain held off & at half time, the sun game out & it warmed up a bit. But you could see the very dark clouds, closing in. It was so dark in the stadium at 1pm, that the lights were on the light up the field. I seriously thought it was around 5. We could see the rain coming & it finally hit us, we sat there as long as we could, before the bottom dropped out. Then we ran for cover in the walk way with everyone else that didn't have a poncho. They were sold out before that game started, so I didn't get one. I got a t-shirt instead to put on, if I got wet. Which I did. It stopped raining & we went back to our now wet seats. And the temperature did drop & we were freezing & miserable. But I was still happy to be there. Georgia kicked our butts big time & it would have been an even better time, if Auburn had won. But I know I wouldn't take anything for the experience I had. I still don't know the finale score, because we left before the game was over. Laurie & John were waiting for me under a big tree outside the stadium. We took the bus back to our tailgating spot & we got to chow down on all the food we brought. I couldn't believe we had so much food there. I think my Auntie D thought we were going to feed the football team. The back of her truck was full of food. And Renee & I brought some too. Hahaha....But it's a Southern thing. One thing we aren't afraid of is food down here. We ate, cleaned up & waited & waited & waited for the traffic to die down. Then Renee, Jimbo, Bonnie, Codie & I went to take Bonnie back to her house, before we hit the road. We dropped her off & then when we got back home, we took Codie home. Where Blakely attached herself to my hip (so sweet!). Codie's Mom (Jamie) asked him if he had a good time & he said, "Yeah....Well...Actually no, I was bored."
I went home with Renee & Jimbo to wait for D to come get me. I got to see their deer, Bucky & what a cutie he is. Once D got there we ate again & then I came home took a long very hot bath & went to bed. I slept 12 hours! What a lovely day I had. You never know when a blessing is coming your way.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!!!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.