







I thought I would show you some more of what my yard looks like this time of year. The leaves are already falling. When I got up this morning the back porch was covered & they are being dragged in the back door.
The other night my neighbors that live on the mountain made their way to my yard to fill their tummy's. I watched them for over an hour, as they grazed the ground for pine cones & such. My neighbors are 2 very large deer. I have named them Twinkle & Tippy...Because they do just that! They twinkle & tippy toe down the mountain. I was in awe of them & I even snuck out on the front porch to see them. Earlier that day, Mom & I found tracks all over my yard & places where they have been eating. I wish I could have gotten pictures of them. Twinkle & Tippy are so amazing & such a joy to have as neighbors. I don't see how anyone can kill them.

Thank you crystal for sharing all these wonderful scenery...I love them :D
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Watching the deer sounds like such a peaceful time. I wish we lived out where there was more wildlife.
ReplyDeletedeer meat is yummy!!! wish i had me some
ReplyDeleteya don't think cows are cute?
Only that one day so far, but we have had frost for the last few mornings, and the temp has been in the low 30's. Our weather looked like your pics about a month ago!!
ReplyDeleteI just let Roscoe in and his fur has little white flakes on it. Snow is just now coming down and it is coming very slowly so I didn't notice it till I saw his back. lol, can't believe you asked me and it is happening.
ReplyDeleteI do think cows are cute, as well as chickens & if I had to look at them, I probably wouldn't eat them. I do have reservations about eating meat all the time...It turns my stomach, especially beef.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not a supporter of hunting. If it's a families means of eating, OK. But as a sport, I don't like it.
I love deer. They can get really agressive though. There is a temple in japan I visited with my Aunt in Nara. That whole area is packed with deer. They walk in and out of the shops around the temple just like shoppers. If they are hungry and you are not paying attention or not feeding them and they think you have food they will come right up and bite you or chase after you. One snuck up behind my mom and bit her on the butt trying to get her attention! They are kind of like the pesky goats in the petting zoo thattry to eat your clothes right off you! But it is nice to be able to watch them in a tranquil setting.
ReplyDeleteOHHH I love the colors of fall! What a beautiful backyard you have! I was laughing when you were talking about your "neighbors" before you let it out that they were deer. hahahaha I was picturing real people coming down the mountain. Too funny!!
ReplyDeleteCrystal, your fall pictures are beautiful! Our trees looked like that over a month ago. We are already getting snow and the temperature here is already 10 degrees fahrenheit. We are not complaining though, it is nothing compared to the -40 degrees fahrenheit we will have in a little over a month. You gotta love Canada!
ReplyDeleteI've always been told you have to eat what you kill. Once when I was in highschool I was at a friends house and we were shooting squirel out of the trees... his dad came home and made us gather them all up... we had to clean them and eat them... it was a horrible experience!!!! I definetely don't agree with shooting for the sport. But the amount of money it cost to have one processed vs the money you'd spend buying meat is way less.
ReplyDeleteI hit a deer last night. So sad. I eat deer meat weekly- but its for dieting reasons. I am not suppose to have beef. So anyway- People give me the meet for free! I don't have to buy meet from the store, I just try not to think about where it comes from. But I've been told by the harvester's (Hunters) that the deer population in TX is too large, that if they didn't hunt we would be overwhelemd with deer.
ReplyDeleteI Miss seeing the leaves. Its so pretty there.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.