
I started working on putting together my tree late Thursday night. I was really looking forward to putting up this tree since it is the one D bought, after Christmas last year for I think $7. It's a 7 footer & wider than I expected. The one I've had since we got married was a 5 footer & I always sat it on a table. I spent the entire day just working on the tree. I had one large strand of lights that had burnt out, but thankfully D had also bought 4 boxed of lights last year, for 50 cents a box. And I had so many ornaments that it took about 3 hours to put them all on the tree.
I think my tree really represents who I am. It's an eclectic tree. There are white, color, bubble & chili pepper lights. The ornaments consist of:
Things I made as a kid
Some that my family members have made
Gifts from when I was a teacher & when I was working
Ones from LA
Ones Mom has given me every year
Ones D & I have exchanged every year
Some that celebrate the birth of Christ
Coca~Cola
Doggy ones
Superman
Lucy
And Auburn too.
There is not one that I would ever consider getting rid of. And as I unwrapped each one out of the tissue paper there is a memory attached. I honestly can't understand trees that aren't full of sentimental ornaments. That's one of my favorite things in life is getting out the Christmas decorations. Actually I was brought to tears several times today, as I reminisced, while my house smelled of coffee & Christmas music played.

Here are the little elves that helped me. Ain't they cute....They can come help you too!
So...Here's my CHALLENGE....Post a picture of your Christmas Tree. I know that many of you won't have your trees up for another week or so. But once you've got it all decorated, please post a picture of it on your blog. I think a persons Christmas tree says alot about them. And if I ever go to someone's house that has a tree up, you are sure to find me gazing at all the ornaments. I really hope you participate. And I'll remind ya of this challenge in a couple of weeks, so you won't forget. And if you are someone who doesn't have a blog, but are one of my readers, I would love for you to send me a picture of your tree, so I can share it with everyone.

I don't have my blog set up right now....but I will definately send you pictures when I get mine up! Which will hopefully be soon after Thanksgiving, because I am SOOO ready for Christmas decor!
ReplyDeleteOh....and your tree is GORGEOUS by the way! =)
ReplyDeleteI love your tree. I wish we could have one here in Africa. I guess we could always decorate a palm tree or something. I hope you enjoy your holidays and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteNo preasure or anything....look at that tree- it is crazy beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI NEED A GAY MAN TO COME HELP ME!!!
Ok, so I'm off to find me a man to help me decorate my Funky tree. It's in my head but if I could only get out of my head and onto a tree...Something about decorating trees is intimidating because I know what I want and it's so hard to do. Mine will be (maybe) next weekend.
OH! I failed to mention the PINK ornaments! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so beautiful!!! I think the coolest thing I ever saw was my friends house, and she has a Christmas tree up all year around, and she has special ornaments, lights, and garlands for each season, holiday, etc...but I have to say that your tree, and especially the sweet, touching way you have for describing the ornaments, and their meaning, is right up there with it. Thanks for putting me in the Christmas spirit...(going off to find my Christmas CD's :) )
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. I will post mine when we put ours up :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so beautiful...you'll laugh when you see my 'tree' heheee....
ReplyDelete