Sunday, August 06, 2006

Roach Dancin'

Last night we settled in to watch a movie. D was leaned back in the recliner, he hurt his back on Thursday & this is where he's been since then. I was on one of the couches with Rocco. We had the lights off & the movie playing, when Rocco began to growl. He jumped up & ran to the other couch & started barking up at the ceiling. I looked up & there was a huge roach up there. We don't normally see these things until it's time to spray the house again. So, I go & get the bug spray & a shoe. I sprayed him & thought he would fall to the floor & then I would squoosh him. Well, not this roach...I sprayed him & he came in the for the kill. No lie, he went right for me. He threw himself onto ME!!!! I was jumping around screaming & dancing, flailing my shirt. D who was in pain, was saying, "Hahahahaha....Ouch.....Hahahahaha...Stop making me laugh....Hahahahahaha....It hurts....Hahaha." During my dance, the 'kids' got excited too, say they were jumping up & down & were getting under my feet. I tripped & fell onto the couch. The roach ended up across the room & I don't know if the bug spray killed him or he died from a heart attack. But I know I almost died of one!

8 comments:

  1. ROTFL!!!

    I've done that dance a time or two myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny and being the visual person I am- I pictured the whole thing!!! But why was D in pain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing so hard right now!!! I had a visual as I read!!! Too funny!!!
    Speaking of heart attacks, Codie told Jamie that he had a heart attack. He had a dream that he had gotten bit by a pink and purple lizard and it gave him a heart attack! Poor buddy.
    rg
    P.S. For those who don't know, Codie is my 5 yr old Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only D had had the video camera. This would have been a grand prize winner! dd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those giant spiders jump on my chest once out of the light fixture in the ceiling. That is where the gray hair came from! dd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuck! Reminds us of our childhood growing up in Florida. Sometimes when you turned on the lights in a room several roaches would fly criss-cross around the room. The worst was when they collided with your head and got tangled in your hair! "Shudder . . ." C & B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Never a dull moment in your house! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.