As most of you know, I'm going through some painful things right now. My emotions have been all over the map. I've found fault in everything from, someone not responding to me that way I think they should to running out of Coca Cola. I've found problems were there weren't any. Do you ever do that? When you are in a bad place mentally, it's hard to see the positive in anything. I am finding my solace in the arms of the Lord. Even though my burdens are heavy I do feel that as each days passes they get a bit lighter. I want things to happen certain way & when they don't, I feel out of control. Sure, I know that life is going to move along the way God has intended it. I know all of this stuff, but when faced with being in a place you never thought you would be, that task of letting go is daunting. I've been doing alot of thinking (over analyzing), praying, crying & nothing (avoiding), I'm trying to weed through this jungle, I've found myself in. Tonight I was reading a devotion & this scripture just screamed out at me. It's so beautifully written. As you read it just take it in, read it a few times, that's what I did(I also wrote it down & taped it to my wall)...Let the words really speak to you.
Ephesians 3:17-19,"And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you TRUST in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; and may you be able to feel and understand, as all God's children should, how long, how wide, how deep, and how high his love really is; and to experience this love for yourselves, though it is so great that you will never see the end of it or fully know or understand it. And so at last you will be filled up with God himself." (LBT)

We love reading your post because you are so real. This adventure we are on with the Lord is just that, an adventure,we can't be sure what is around the corner but we can be sure of our Leader. His great plan,His great love.
ReplyDeleteAfter walking with Him for over 30 years and going through many times of "the impossibles", let me just say "What A Great Savior!!!! What A GREAT ADVENTURE !!!!!! WE love you and are praying for you.
Chris & Brenda
That is a nice passage. What is LBT version? I worked in a Christian Bookstore, but I don't recognize that version. Hm...
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful prayer. It really expresses what I have been feeling these last few months. Thank you for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had arms long enough to reach out and give you a hug. But, until I grow Mr. Gadget arms, or we meet here, there, or up in the air...this will have to do.
(((((((((Crystal)))))))))
Flipflopmamma...I don't know what LBT is, it was just on my devotion. I looked it up & can't find anything about it.
ReplyDeleteWho does your devotions? I found Lutheran Bible Translators when I searched for LBT +bible.
ReplyDeleteWonderful verse! Luv ya!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteprftpeace-I didn't post that to be encouraged by anyone. I was just sharing what was on my heart at the moment. I hoped that someone else would be encouraged by it as I was. Nothing more...Nothing less.
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone...I get that way at times. Just for no reason feeling so critical and negative and unsatisfied. Thank goodness for the Word to counteract those emotions! In Christ, there is so much to be thankful for, positive about, and content with! There's power in the blood! Love ya, Crystal! {{{BIG HUGS}}} to you!
ReplyDelete