
I've been wondering if Crocs are all the rage across the US or even world for that matter, like they are here. I know that different regions have their own little fads. I've talked to D about different fads that we've had here in Bama & he had no clue what I was talking about.
So here are my questions to you....
Are they popular were you live?
Do you own any?
What do you think about them?
They are overly popular here! To the point of about to make me sick. I'm not someone who follows fads. Sure there are things I own that are popular. But when every Mother, Father, child & cousin are wearing bright colored shoes that are extremely UGLY, it's just not for me. I hear about how comfortable they are but these things are tacky as all get out! Crocs do have one that is really cute called the Prima & I would wear it. But not these pukadelic (I just made that word up) things. Sorry to all you Croc lovin peeps.
These are the Prima's. They have silver ones that I would get. :)

Canada is over run by crocs. We also have dawgs, which are the Canadian version. I own a pair of dawgs, but dawgs come in tasteful colors. Mine are baby blue. I bought them for when I cater because they are so darn comfortable. I did not buy them for the way they look because I think they are ugly.
ReplyDeleteWell Im not a big fan and NO I havent seen many here but Im sure they will make their way in soon.
ReplyDeleteThey are every where here too. I saw them about a year ago I guess it was. Donna has some. They wear them out in the yard, or while camping, but not out as a shoe. More like a flip-flop for around the house. I have seen people wearing them like crazy though- Even little kids. They have them at Walmart too- but they are not the real deal. I have never put my foot into them, but I do love comfort. I think if I had a job where I was on my feet (Like Sarah said) then maybe I would try them out, but for now I'm just not into it. I do look at them everytime I see them though.
ReplyDeleteOh and in Mississippi I saw lots of them, but they also had jewels that you can stick on them to personalize them.
ReplyDeletepretty popular here, but I don't have any (sniff). I heard they are coming out with mary janes!! I want pink and orange, and purple...
ReplyDeleteEveryone has them here in the good ol country of Illinois. When I go to my parents house near CHicago, I don't see anyone wearing them! here, everyone has them. I have a pair of navy blue ones that I wore during my pregnancy when my feet were very swollen, I actually haven't worn them since I had the Beast, hm...maybe I'll pull them out again, they do look cute with a pair of long jeans.
ReplyDeleteI have a tan pair without the holes. They are SUPER comfortable & they do look really cute with long jeans. I usually wear them when I will be walking alot. They are really popular in Maryland but I also saw them alot while in Illinois this summer.
ReplyDeleteI have a navy blue pair that Amber and her family gave me for Christmas. I requested them for wearing in the kitchen when I'm on my feet for a long time. They prevent my legs and feet from hurting. They are not the most attractive shoe out there but they do look cute on little peeps, like my Ashy!!!
ReplyDeleterg
To me it is just a rubber Birkenstock. I can't stand the thought of my hole foot enclosed in rubber. I will stick with my flip flops! dd
ReplyDeleteOh they are the rage here in Chicago. They sell them like hotcakes right next door to my office at Nordstrom's. I bought a pair that are "fake" crocs called Bear Claws - not even knowing they were anything popular. I saw them and thought they would be a good gift from the dog to my mom at mom's day for her to wear gardening. I got her blue. Then I found out what they were! At least the pair I bought her were on sale for $15! And now they have charms that plug into the holes on the shoe to "personalize" them!
ReplyDeleteI don't own any but Bonnie bought Ashtyn a pair. She LOVES her Tocs! I don't like them for myself but they are cute on her. They are very comfy and in a profession where you have to be on your feet, they would be great! I see lots of nurses wearing the white ones. ~Amber
ReplyDeleteLaurel has wanted some all summer, but the cheapest ones we found were out of our price range, so she didn't get any. I don't spend that much on shoes for myself, so come on! Anyway, at the dance studio this week a lady said her brother had ordered too many and was selling them at a discounted price, so we ordered a pair of hot pink (what else) ones for next spring and summer. Hopefully she will still like them by then! (Janet)
ReplyDeleteI am in Texas, and yes...they are HUGE here. I don't own any, but both my kids have a pair. I also bought a pair for my dad for his birthday & he loves them. They are very comfy, but also SO easy to keep clean which is key with kids. My son wears his pretty much everyday..and I'll just throw them in the bathtub with him at night! It doesn't get any easier than that!
ReplyDeleteI have two pair--taupe and black--Tracy has three pair--blue--taupe--and lime green. A friend of Tracy's has been wearing them for at least 3 years. Four of my five grandchildren have them and we are watching several pair on ebay that come in Evie's size (toddler 6-7)--they don't offer her size at www.crocs.com. Maybe they will update their website soon and start offering them.
ReplyDeleteI, too, thought they were ugly and that I would never own a pair, B-U-T....I wouldn't trade them for anything now! I've been thinking of buying another color...but I won't buy anything but the real deal--I've tried the copycats on and they hurt my feet. They are not as soft or pliable and I think they are very uncomfortable.
If you hurt as much as I did during, and several hours after, shopping you would wear them too! I now experience NO joint or muscle pain and can stay on my feet longer--like when shopping or at amusement parks or craft fairs ect...
They have a built in anti-bacterial so they don't smell and they can be thrown into the washer (not the dryer though). They weigh only six ounces per pair so they are very lightweight and they don't slip if you step in something wet on a slick floor.
Yes...I am a croc lover! And it doesn't bother me that I get critized or laughed at...the lack of extreme pain in my joints and muscles far outweighs anything anyone has to say about them or me!
They're everywhere here too. I think they're ugly as sin & don't own a pair. However after all these comments maybe I should buy some for my "walking" that I need to be doing to lose some weight. I'm all about comfort! (NC)
ReplyDeleteI think the Crocs are cuter than the Primas! They have Croc flip flops that are AMAZING! I just got a pair today for my birthday! I used to not like Crocs, but they have grown on me! They're great for Nursing and I LOVE them on kids. I kinda like 'em myself, but that's just my opinion. Once you put some on your feet, you'll never want to take them off. They may not be all that attractive, but they sure are comfy! The flip flops are pretty cute and definitely comfy! Check 'em out! bg
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty ugly but if somebody gave me a pair, I sure would wear them, no matter what color.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wear a womens size 12!!!!
I'm laughing at you Deb! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I do have to admit, they are kinda cute on little kids.
ReplyDeleteDid I just say that?
Crocs Rock!!!! I have a pair of taupe colored...I want some green ones. They have helped my back and my feet so much. I laughed at them at first, but after I tried a pair on, I was sold.
ReplyDeleteCori