Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blogger Beta

Have you bloggers seen the new blogger beta? It's still being perfected, hence the beta....But it has a lot of cool new features. I'm gonna wait until the kinks are worked out before I switch over.

One of the new features, is to set your blog up, where it's by invitation only. That way the whole world can't read it, only those you, yourself choose too. I was wondering how many of you will have an invitation only blog?

And for those of you that don't have blogs, but enjoy reading them. Will you be upset that you won't be able to access the blogs you have become so fond of?


I have considered making Pink Lucy & Baby Hopes Invite only, because there are some people that read my blogs that I wish wouldn't. How do you feel about maybe having to be invited to read about my life?

25 comments:

  1. Have you been harassed by random bloggers? Why the need to shield this from all but a select few?

    Just curious, as I stumbled on your blog through the random "next blog" button.

    Cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll leave mine alone. Since there is SO many that read mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope no harrassement per say, but I do get an occasional comment that I delete....I said I was ' have considered' not 'I am going to' though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do whatever you feel is right for you. As long as that includes me getting an invite. ;p

    I might think about doing it, just because I post so many pictures of the kids. But, then again, I've met so many wonderful people who just happened upon my blog (or vice versa). So, I'd miss out on that opportunity. I don't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for it. Of course. That way you KNOW who is reading it! Then you can really write from your heart... know what I mean? I just can't stand that there are people out that that KNOW me that read it, but don't tell me that they read it. Its like they are the little sister reading my diary- I don't mind reading my diary to my bestfriend, but some people just don't need to read it. But if its online- its free game... but I don't care if people in China read my blog- its the people that live next door (Not really- next door, but I mean in my home town) or family memember who read and yet they never discuss the issues that you type about. Even though they KNOW you wrote it!!! Grrr. Oh well. I'm keeping my other blog open- and my baby blog private. I just feel better about it.

    There aren't a whole lot of cool features, but the privacy one is what sold me (even though its free!) I was ready to delete my blog- until I found out I could make it private!

    okay there's my novel for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- lots of type-o's there!!! Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey look at my profile pic... notice anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will leave mine the way it is....though I have switched over to Blogger Beta as I like that I can get a lot more posting done. I can get more posting done because it is literally push-button publishing...you don't have to wait for the ticker any more & your posts are live instantly with the Beta. It does have a lot of kinks though which haven't been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will probably just leave mine. I don't know. Sometimes I wish it was private from family members. Ha! There would be *so* many more things I could write about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think its a good idea in some sense. I dont like posting to many pic of the children because I dont know who out there is looking at them. But hey if you ddo it dont forget to let me in. lol.lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will probably go to invite only so I know who is reading, because of the Luke photos, and because of the nature of my job...and in this town people like to sue for stupid things...

    ReplyDelete
  12. C,
    Do you think that when I make the transition that your design will be left alone? I don't want to lose it. (Again..heh)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm....I have friends who invited me and a selected few but just like what Vanessa mentioned, if you do make that choice, let me know ya? Would like to keep in touch with you, who knows, I might be heading to Alabama with hubby ya?

    Take care Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just learned about the private blog from having to be invited to view Chloe's blog (that was a pain last nite trying to figure out why I couldn't see it) I am all for it but don't do it based on who comments or who doesn't cuz commenting (to me) is a mutual thing. Go for it if you are cool with it, but I am like Nicki, I have had some nice people stumble on my blog and vice versa. I just want an invite if you do set it up that way (please I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how I feel about it. I post tons of pics of my kids. I have only found out that a few people I didn't know look at my blog, and I'm not one to really, really pour out my heart on here. It's more of a family journal, so to speak. I think that mine and Hank's family would not bother with signing in so we would loose just about the entire reason we started it! I would probably leave it alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am undecided...it scares me that someone may "save as" some of the pics of my grandchildren. I wrestled with putting pics of them on the web and posting their names. If someone developes a "crush" on one of them and can determine where we live based on posts or comments...well, we have all heard the horror stories of abducted and murdered children. Pedophiles spare no expense, and travel anywhere to satiate their twisted desires.

    If you notice my name is not on my blog and the only clue to my location is Sweet Home Alabama. Of course, if you read comments you might find a lot of clues.

    Having said all of this, I now express my beliefs. I am a believer and the Word says that I have not been given a "spirit of fear". I have Psalms 91 embedded in my spirit and claim it over me, my children and my grandchildren. This, however, does not give me license to be stupid about our safety--therefore I avoid mention of exact location, last names, and any other information that would help someone find us. I know that we can be found with an ISP address by a really savvy computer geek...that is where I have to trust God that we are hidden and protected under His wing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well for me thats exactly how I had planned for my blog to be PRIVATE... But it wasn't and b/c of people reading it that never mentioned reading it I had some problems. I really don't mind people who stumble onto my blog but its those who searched me out that actually know me that I have a problem with them reading without me inviting them.

    As far as keeping my family safe... well I guess I've never really thought of it like that until reading deb's comment. I guess I really do need to be more careful of what I put on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I understand why you would want it private. I used to only lurk because I was on dial-up. If I wanted to post a comment that meant I would be stuck forever trying to type something.
    Kim in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been reading your blog for more than a year now and I happened to "stumbled" on it and now I read your mom's and your brother's and in my own lil way I pray for all of you and dont really know that well just now if hang out in real life I know we would hit it off because we would both wear pink :D so please think long and hard about making is invite only. because I only read your blog but you give me good ideas and make me think more about god and your bro is funny. your mom is so cute since everything. I hope I have never said something you didnt like. Just tell me I'm a very opionated person. So, see in a small way the way you blog your life is the way others might find comfort in knowing that there are ppl who can have a semi normal life and enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rack up those comments girl! The great thing about beta is the repub of the blog or just posting, its so amazingly fast!!! I love it!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have often wished I could have an invitation only blog. Sometimes I want to vent about things I don't want some people to be able to stumble accross. My blog is my place. Just make sure you send me an invite if you do make your blog private!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I missed this post until I saw that you had wrote the post about NOT going invite only.

    I also didn't really think about the safety aspect of it. I THINK I'm careful, maybe not.

    I don't think I'll go invite only. I have a couple of people who might not read it if they always had to sign in. I just wish people would comment more.

    I agree with everyone else when they say it's up to you and your preference. Whatever makes you more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I hope I'm not one of the people you don't want visiting your blog! LOL I don't read very many blogs, and obviously don't even HAVE a blog anymore, but I always enjoy yours. So...if you decide to make yours invitation only...I better be on your list of invites!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where have I been? I didn't know anything about this.

    I don't know what I'll do...

    A little more privacy would be nice, but then again...shucks, I don't know???

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! And I miss Anna! I tried to visit her blog and it was gone! Now I know why! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.