Monday, August 21, 2006

AI Highlights

On the way there Sat morning, we saw a hooker & her Pimp on the street corner. This wasn't an unusual sight for me, since I used to do street ministry, but I thought it was note worthy. We wondered if they were on their way to the AI registration.

When we got there at 5am today, like we were told to do, it was overwhelmingly crowded.

We were VERY surprised when Ryan Seacrest showed up! And the bummer was that, we had just moved down in the line & we if had stayed where we were to begin with we would have been front & center to all the stuff he was doing. And might have even gotten to talk to him. :( He is such a little cutie too.

I saw on the news that Ruben made a surprise appearance, but we never saw him. Shoot! I would have loved to have seen the Velvet Teddy Bear!

While standing in line, next to the barricade, a photograher from AI, was taking pics, of everyone. He would have people to get together for pics with their friends. As he came down the line towards us he stopped & took everyone's pics. When he came to us, he ignored us & went to the next couple!!! What an ego crusher.

Once inside the arena, we went straight to our seats, well what we thought were our seats. They were on the very front row & we were super excited about it, until the rightful owners of them showed up & demanded them! We weren't too far up though, we were row "O" & as we walked up to it, guess who Jamie was destined to sit next too?!? Sir Sings Alot!!!!!!! Yep, out of the thousands (10,000 is what I heard), we ended up by one of the most annoying people in the world. Jamie just 'loved' hearing him sing constantly & when we had to sing "Sweet Home Alabama", he was taking up his space & hers from dancing, so she was getting knocked around a bit.

Speaking of "Sweet Home Alabama" we had to sing it about 100 x's for the camera along with "Ruben, Bo, Taylor & ME! I'm the next American Idol...WOOOO!!!!" Or "Birmingham, Where American Idols are born!"

Alot of amazing singers didn't get through to the next round, including Jamie & she was one of the best! But I'm a bit biased. You can go-------> HERE to hear her sing a song she wrote "Wrap Me In Mercy."
Also Sir Sings Alot didn't make it either & I was standing next to his Momma when he didn't, let's just say she wasn't too happy & this was his 2nd city to try out in.

We looked for our friend Shelly today, but never saw her.

On a side note...My Crocs were incredible. On Saturday, I wore my Converse & after I got home I could barely walk. Today I did much more standing/walking & my feet & legs didn't hurt at all, when I got home! It's official I'm a Croc lover. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.