Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bedroom Day

This room along with my bathroom, I just painted recently. That's my old dressing table. I'm thinking about painting it hot pink. There are no curtains in here either....I'm not a slacker I promise. We are just on a very tight budget & window treatments are the last thing we think of at times.
This is looking into the room from the living room. We don't have any king size bedding. One reason, I've changed my mind 100 times about what I actually want. This is a queen size coverlet that Mom got at a yard sale, then I dyed it pink.
This is looking into the bedroom from the bathroom. One day at work a contractor had some left over cabinet wood & he asked D if he wanted it. So, I designed the head board, D made it & I stained it. I wanted it to be really high to cover the window. When I stained it I wanted to do a Moroccan theme in the room...I don't like the stain now. We are also going to put some sconce on it. The bed is my most favorite thing & D's too...Every night when he lays down he says, "I love our bed." It's a king size pillow top & you sink into it. It's heavenly!
Since we lost out dressers, we also lost a place to put the TV. So, it's stacked up on 2 trucks & a step stole. Those are D's video games beside it.
I don't like how this looks, but these 2 trunks are my one of my favorite things in the room. The blue, was my Granny's & it housed all my Barbies, growing up. Now along with the silver one, it keeps all my journals, letters & keepsake trinkets.

5 comments:

  1. I love your house- not many people do their house to represent so much of themselves and put so much creating into it. I guess you could say I love it because it isn't a cookie cutter style- it screams your personality!! Before I read about your headboard I said, "I LOVE THAT". I didn't know you were so crafty. I need to do a crafty challenge. The sheets on the windows are the best because we sooo had that before curtains. I also liked the coverlet- I had to go back for a 2nd look once I saw you dyed it. Oh yea- I also had one of those dressing tables growing up but I think I might cry if you paint it because it looks in perfect condition. GOD BLESS KING SIZE BEDS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will have curtains in here one day when she stops changing her mind and finds what she wants.

    Daniel did a great job on the headboard and I love the way the bedroom looks. I LOVE shabby different things. I'm a treasure hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahaha

    I didn't mean shabby different things. I meant to say shabby shiek (?) or different things and it got all mixed up!

    hahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, it is so so so you Crystal and love that pink sheet - absolutely lovely.

    You know the two trunks is so unique with the TV set on top. I love that.

    Well done :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.