Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Trusting....

Oh, what a day. I am struggling so badly with trusting God right. The baby stuff is part of it, but the thing I asked prayer for didn’t work out. And I believed with all my heart that it would happen. I feel so let down.....Again. Why trust & believe when nothing you trust & believe for ever happens? It’s not like I’m believing for something so far fetched. I’m just wanting to better our family & our life. What’s wrong with that? Why are we given such strong desires & passions, if we aren’t able to put them to use? We are told to ask & believe, but then we are told to wait for God’s will. I just don’t know what to do at times. I don’t understand. I have never in my almost 15 yrs of being a born again Christian ever struggled so desperately like this. I love the Lord with all that I am. I am praying constantly, but I think the Lord & I are having a communication problems in our relationship.

The thing is I know that certain things don’t work out, because there is a bigger plan. And to TRUST in that. But when you are in the midst of the journey, all you can see is what is around you. Something just came to my mind...

When Moses parted the Red Sea, can you imagine what it was like to actually walk through that? To step down into the place where the Red Sea was & walk on dry land? What was it like to look to the left & to the right & see a wall of water? The thoughts of it crashing down & drowning you, must have been overwhelming. I wonder what it was like to be in the middle of that crowd, or at the tail end of it. You know that they couldn’t see what the future had in store for them. They were just moving along & TRUSTING. Trusting that they would be safe & finally be on their way to the Promised Land.

Thank you Jesus for just now showing me this. That right now in my life, I’m having to cross the Red Sea, with no vision for where my next step will take me. But I’m going to have to trust no matter what. No matter where I go, trust is all I have. Oh, what a test in my faith this is.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Crystal, I know how hard it can be to trust when nothing going on around us makes sense. What a perfect example you gave with the parting of the Red Sea.

    You know that you and Daniel are in my prayers often. So, I will be praying for strength and comfort for the two of you as you strive to continue trusting in Him. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and sending love your way.
    Luv in Christ
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,
    You are so awesome that in the midst of all that doubt you can pull something so powerful and postive out of it. I have SO much respect for you! Just remember that God is holding out for something so much better for both you and Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hun.. I am so sorry! I hate being so positive that something is going to happen and it doesnt...I too will continue to pray and believe for you guys.... One thing I love about you is that when you are going through something you always see the Lord in it even if your struggling! ((((((((hugs)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal Honey. We all go through hard times and I know I have woke on a day and thought how could this happen to me. As I see it your a wonderful person honey and if anything that will get you through anything.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He reminded me this morning..."without faith, it is impossible to please God". Just keep walking. I love you.
    rg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.