Thursday, June 08, 2006


This picture always makes me laugh. I can remember having this picture made like it was yesterday. I was 17 & Keith was 16. It was at the church, in the youth chapel & this was for the church directory. That was my new hair-do. You can't tell here, but my hair was a Burgandy/purple color. It wasn't a dye, it was stain. And once soon after having it stained, I sang a solo in youth. I was sweating, which I do when I'm nervous. I had on a cream colored shirt & by the time my song was over, I had purple polka dots on my shoulders!!! How embarrassing. Back to this photo, I thought I looked so snazzy, with my cool sweater, I had just gotten from Express. The other things, besides myself that I always notice, are Mom's gianormous glasses & Keith's horrible bangs. That was "his" hairstyle. He said he created it.

9 comments:

  1. Crystal I had to laugh. I have a photo like this here somewhere of the whole family. When I see our photo I crack up. I will find it and post it for you.lolol. Nice hair.lol what till you see mine you will really laugh.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stain? I don't know that I've ever heard of doing that before. LOL! I've never done any kind of coloring to my hair before. I'm way too chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have horrible family pictures too. Why were glasses so huge back then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I bet it brought back fond memory ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I caught your site from my friend Nicole's blog, so I came to check it out! TOO funny about to hair stain, I luckily never had that happen. I had the HUGE wave bangs that I kept super high with the ever popular Aqua Net. Nice. I'm sure I have a picture somewhere, I just hope I never find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then there is Danny---always the same...quiet, conservative, never changing Danny!! LOL

    Looks the same in all his photos---never takes fashion chances!! But then, nobody is laughing at how he looks in this photo!!! hahahahahaha
    lolololololol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, we live in the country. I love it, but growing up I lived in the country and hated it so.... not sure what we will do as the kids get older. Plus there are no kids around here to play with. We have a forest way back way way back in our yard and we have gone camping back there too, which is cool cuz we can camp but also be near the house in case we need the potty or a 2 or 4 yr old gets scared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED my big glasses!! I still have them and someday I plan to have some new lenses made for them for sunglasses. I just hope I'll be able to afford that much glass. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...

    my, my, my...

    Love it!

    I, too, sported that do!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.