We went & surprised my Paw with a Fish Fry. It was cool, because he had no idea we would be there. He told us, "Ya'll pulled one over on me." The whole family was came, except Karl (Donna's new hubby, he's in North Carolina)) & J.R. (Amber's hubby, he was racing. Yep, he's a racecar driver!).
My uncle Bob did all the frying. And he is an AMAZING cook!!! I think we all ate more than is humanly possible. Here's a run down:
Fried Catfish....Whole & nuggets
Hot wings (for those that didn't like fish)
Fries
Onion Rings
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Peach Cobbler (I made it & the recipe is found HERE)
Homemade Strawberry & Butter Pecan Ice Cream
We ate & either sat in the house or out in the yard & just spent some good quality time together. We were too full to move. hehe It was nice & memories were made. I love times like that.

I have to get the recipe for butter pecan ice cream...YUMMY!! -kb
ReplyDeleteOh how I so want to go down south sometime for some awesome food! Everything sounded so YUMMY!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, all of that food sounds so yummy! It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I'm sure that you Paw just ate it up having all of his family together. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteMom, I thought your cole slaw was GREAT!!!! bg
ReplyDeleteThanks bg! I'll make you some next time you're home.
ReplyDeleteMom (rg)
What, no hush puppies?? The shame...heehee
ReplyDeleteCole Slaw was the BOMB! It always is! ~Amber
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say that everything I ate was delicious! I do have to brag too! My hubby was the cook and boy, can he cook!!!!! I contribute the need to wear a "wide load" sign on my back side to his cooking. If he cooks, I have to eat it!!! We will have another one of these get togethers real soon! (E.F.Hutton said so!) I think this was one of the best ever!!! dd Thank you Hootie for removing the scrambled letters! This makes commenting so much easier.
ReplyDelete