Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wal-mart Woes

Yes, I hear it all the time (from my Mom) that I'm pretty anal about things. And one of those is grocery shopping. I always go to buy groceries on every other Friday night (because that's pay day). Well, this is my routine & I don't like it to be disturbed. Since Friday was our Anniversary, D didn't want me to go & so I conceded. Saturday, I was busy. Sunday, I couldn't walk, because I hurt my ankle & so that leaves Monday. I was already growing antsy, because I don't like to not have food in the house. When the cabinets are full, I'm at ease. I was ready to go this afternoon, but D ended up having a meeting & didn't get home til after 7. I watched Prison Break with him & then went on my Merry way to wale-mart. I got the toiletries I needed, then went to the produce. And the produce looked awful! They didn't have any tomatoes, which I needed. Then the cilantro & parsley looked like it had fallen off the truck, ran over a few times & then stocked on the shelf. I was already frustrated at this point, so I went to the meats. All the meals I had planned for needed chicken. I'm a chicken...LOL...And only use the frozen boneless breasts. AND THEY WERE OUT OF THEM!!! There wasn't a chicken in sight. I had been having a crappy day, heck who am I kidding? I have been having a crappy few of weeks. I stood in the middle of Wal-mart & broke down crying. I picked up my purse & walked away from the buggy. I got in my car & drove to the next Wal-mart, who had EVERYTHING I needed.

4 comments:

  1. Which WM had everything you needed? Just curious.
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so frustrating! When we were grocery shopping the last time, I was really disapointed with the produce. Why should you pay good money for garbage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun I am so understanding your emotional highs and lows I have been on the same rollercoaster! Im ready to get off of it! lol My sister made me a oragami box and put hershey kisses in it and told me it was kisses from all my babies in heaven I cried then 30 min later I found my hubby eating the kisses I bald my eyes out... tears are healing right? lol Im glad the second Walmart was up to standard! love ya and praying for you always! renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the opportunity to be in Mobile, Alabama for a month and I love Walmart. I can imagine just how frustrating for you if you can't get your stuff.

    I enjoyed the big aisle and shelves after shelves of goods, here in Singapore it is so small an pathetic....

    Hope you are fine now :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.