Friday night D went to a concert for a local band. I didn't go because I'm not into the screaming stuff & that's what this was. I stayed home, Mom came over & we watched "The Family Stone." I really didn't think it was that good. It wasn't anything like I had expected.
Saturday we shampooed the carpet for the umpteenth time. We have got to get this stuff out of here. I am so sick of it. Carpet if never a good idea with dogs. We also grilled out burgers & hotdogs. We did this while we took turns playing pogo.com. Thanks to Maryland Mommy we have pogo fever! At any given moment one of us are sitting at the computer playing a game. Man, I thought blogging & blinkies were addictive!
We were so consumed with game playing we left late for a birthday party. LOL
It was the 20th birthday of one of D's friends from work. And I learned alot about myself there. We were the oldest by at least 8 yrs, even 1 was still in high school. And I often forget that I'm about to turn 30. I still see myself as being around 20 or so, in my mind at least. Sometimes I'll just have mental checks like, "I'm actually this age & I've been married how long?" But last night I realized that even though I still think in my mind I'm younger, I didn't relate to anyone there. The girls, we so incredibly silly. And they were trying so hard, flirting with the guys. Now don't get me wrong, I know I used to be just like that. And there is nothing wrong with having fun. But I felt like an old fuddy-duddy. All I could think about was, getting home. I was bored out of my mind!
Sunday we put the living room back together, played pogo, took a nap & watched "Last Holiday." LOVED IT!

Isnt it funny how life sneaks up on us! lol I recently went to a gathering and everyone was in there early 20's and I too was bored and felt like a old fart...lol Then we joined a cell grouup where I was the youngest by like 30yrs and I felt like a baby...lol
ReplyDeleteIt's sounds like a busy weekend. I wasn't real impressed with Family Stone either. I haven't seen Last Holiday.
ReplyDeleteHow well I know that feeling! I mean, I am not that far from 50 (gasp!)and I feel most comfortable with the 30ish crowd at church. I am in a community life group where Barry and I are the youngest couple, but we also seem to fit right in with everyone else. I think having little ones keeps my mind in "younger" mode, so maybe my golden years will be when I'm in my 80s or 90s! :) Janet
ReplyDeleteOk so my two favorite movies you didn't like.....Family Stone & Rent! I'm going to go cry now :(
ReplyDelete