Monday, May 01, 2006

Broadband Here We Come

We are finally moving up in the world. We are getting Broadband! I'm so super excited & ready to get end the saga of dial-up.
D called & ordered it on Thursday. So all weekend I was anticipating Monday getting here. D went to pick up the modem & installation stuff today at our local cable place. But the place was closed! D came home & called Charter, to find out that, that particular office didn't even appear on their system anymore.
So, I went with him & we went to the local headquarters, to be told that they don't have the equipment there. We then went to another office, which was about 30 min away & finally got the stuff. We got home & D went to work setting it all up. BUT the cable is running slow. Now we have to wait until tomorrow for the cable guy to come out & rewire stuff. So, I'm still using dial-up until then. :(

3 comments:

  1. You have my deepest sympathy. I've been wrestling with my TiVo since 2 this afternoon. It's all hooked up but it won't change channels! I'm about to throw it through the wall!! I have been online and on the phone with reps. with no luck so far. I'm about to box it up and send it back. Maybe Charter DVR would be easier.--kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Cable is the best! You will love it! We switched to cable when we moved to this house 1 1/2 ago & I was completely amazed at how different it was than dial-up! Especially when you are checking blogs like mine that take a long time to load with dial-up! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get it working soon. You're going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.