Wednesday, May 10, 2006

113 Things About Me

1. I have been planning on making one of these lists for awhile.
2. I have actually made smaller ‘things about me lists’ before.
3. This is the first one with 113 things listed
4. Some things you may already know
5. Some you may not
6. When I’m online I always have on the TV or music playing
7. I am always reading a book
8. And I also have the next book lined up to read
9. I read mostly right before I go to sleep
10. But I take my book most places with me, just in case
11. I love big purses, this is a good thing since I carry my book everywhere with me.
12. I love to cook,
13. But hate, no hate isn't the right word, despise doing the dishes
14. We don’t have a dishwasher, so it’s all by hand.
15. I watch All My Children everyday at 1am, on Soapnet.
16. I won’t wear colored socks…
17. Only white or black please,
18. But I only wear black ones with black shoes, once my shoes are off, white socks will be put on.
19. If the mood strikes I will cut my hair.
20. Even if I have to cut it myself.
21. Since my hair is curly the cut doesn’t have to be perfect.
22. The last time I got my hair cut professionally was in 2000.
23. I fasted the color PINK for a few years.
24. I have a secret desire to be a lounge singer from the 1940’s.
25. I love surprises
26. But I hate unexpected visitors
27. I dream everyday of how to redecorate.
28. One of my favorite things to do is walk down the detergent aisle
29. And I have to open the bottles to smell the detergent
30. I also still go down the Barbie aisle
31. Plus I still play Barbies in my mind, I always think how I would use different items for my Barbies
32. When I go to someone’s house I ALWAYS think of how I would rearrange
33. I also think of how the house may look it I lived there
34. I always watch American Idol with a notebook, so I can take notes.
35. I keep puzzle books & magazines in the bathroom.
36. I love taking pictures ~DUH!
37. And once I wanted to be a fashion photographer
38. I hope to get a professional camera someday
39. I have a habit of twisting my hair
40. I’ve done it since I was little
41. I seem to twist it a lot
42. Especially when I’m watching TV
43. When I’m tired
44. Bored
45. Or don’t feel good
46. That’s why I like to keep my hair long
47. I’m a peeping tom…But not a bad one
48. When it’s dark & people have their windows open, I’ll peek in as I ride by in the car. I just like to get a glimpse of their lives.
49. I always change the channels backwards. I instead of 2, 3 ,4, I go 4, 3, 2.
50. I enjoy going to Wal-mart late at night, for no other reason that to just go.
51. I hate to be proud of something, to only have someone criticize it or tell me how I could have done it better.
52. Boiled peanuts are one of my favorite treats
53. I don’t eat them that often, so that they are that much more special when I do.
54. My hubby isn’t the kinda man, that I would have ever seen myself with.
55. But God knew better (hallelujah!!!).
56. He’s the most perfect man for me.
57. I can’t imagine my life or what kind of person I would be with out him.
58. He tells me everyday, that’s I’m beautiful
59. He doesn’t realize how much that means to me.
60. I have always wanted a tattoo or a cool piercing
61. But have been way too chicken to do it
62. If I did pierce something it would be my nose
63. I am no longer the fearless youth, I used to be.
64. I am too cautious now.
65. I always have a jug of ice water with me.
66. Getting into a bed with freshly washed sheets is the best!
67. I also enjoy the cool crispness of the sheets
68. And when my pillow gets hot, then I flip it over to the cool side…Love it!
69. Just about everything I cook, I put minced garlic in it.
70. I was once asked by a TV Producer, to be on a Court TV show.
71. I turned it down.
72. I miss the fun & interesting things to do in Los Angeles
73. And also the diversity in cultures
74. But I’m thankful to be back in Bama
75. But hate the prejudice that still exists, to all cultures
76. Don’t get me started on that one….
77. My heart is here, though
78. I want to travel the world
79. Especially Europe
80. I would also love to go to Las Vegas
81. But not for the gambling, for the buffets!
82. One day I hope to also go to Savannah, Georgia
83. The reason? The Southern history
84. And it seems to be a beautiful city
85. I have worn a toe ring on the same toe for the last 8 yrs.
86. My toe now has an indent in it.
87. I feel naked without a toe ring
88. I don’t like it when people only call me when they want something.
89. I used to be really shy
90. And I had NO friends
91. I was a depressed young person
92. My early teens were horrible
93. I am a sexual abuse survivor
94. And I had thoughts of suicide, because of it
95. But I stopped & listened to the Lord call my name
96. And I was born again
97. Transformed by the renewing of my mind.
98. OK…On to other things…..
99. I have to, have to, have to drink Nestle Quik No Sugar Added chocolate milk everynight.
100. I am a crier
101. And I probably shed at least 1 tear a day, but not always from sadness
102. I was always made fun of for the fact that I am emotional & it made me ashamed
103. I am ashamed NO more.
104. I’m named after the country singer Crystal Gayle
105. Do you know who she is? If not look her up.
106. I was almost named Misty....Thank Heaven's that didn't happen!
107. I have very vivid dreams, every night
108. Sometimes they are spiritual
109. And some have actually come true
110. I really like Sharpie markers
111. That’s all I can think off
112. But I’m sure I could think of more
113. Give me time, there just may be another list.

10 comments:

  1. I loved Crystal Gayle when I was a young girl. I loved her long hair. I loved her so much that I lied and told my friends that she was my mom.
    Your list was interesting. I think I am going to have to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal... I just learned so much about you that I didnt already know thats why I love these list!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!! Your such a beautiful person inside and out !!
    Love ya
    renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love these lists! I feel like I know you better! I keep my list on my sidebar & add to it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list. One question- what is you favorite detergent?? The one I love to smell (right now) is Gain; joyful expressions. OMG. Why does is have to be so expensive??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, we have a lot in common. I counted 40+ things that we "share".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I'm a crier too. I used to be ashamed of it too...but no more. God just gave some of us extra tender hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiff-I love Gain & right now the Joyful Expressions is the best. You know you can just buy the liquid fabric softener, that's what I do.
    40+ things, huh? I'd like to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MM-I think that's a great idea, I just may have to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GET YOUR NOSE PIERCED!!!! It absolutely does not hurt. I have had mine done for two years and I love it. The actually piercing is so fast that it is actually over before you feel anything. DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, go to Savannah. That is where we went on our Honeymoon. It was fabulous. And it can definitely be done on a budget. Email me (jrees09@yahoo.com). We had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.