Tuesday, April 04, 2006

American Idol

Oh joy...It was Country night (that was said very sarcastically). I'm not a huge fan of Country, I will admit though, that I do like a few artist & even own some Country CD's (shocking I know).

Taylor- Good song, but I'm missing his zeal.

Mandisa- I didn't like that Shania Twain song for her. I though she should have sang a ballad.

Elliott- Where the judges deaf & blind....I just don't get him. And he looked like a little boy with stage fright up there, clutching the mic.

Paris- She did much better than last week.

Ace- Still yuck!!! And I don't think he's real good at song choice. Yuck!

Kellie- This was totally her night. And great song!

Chris- It was nice to hear him not Rock it out for once. Mellow was good.

Katherine- I'm not a fan of that song, but I like that she should some personality tonight.

Bucky- I didn't get to hear his performance, so I can't so anything about him.

I do agree with Simon that the last 2 weeks have been very boring. They just aren't picking great songs, for some reason.

What was up with Paula tonight? Did anyone else notice how strange she was acting?

And poor Kenny Rogers....He's had 1 too many face lifts.

8 comments:

  1. Now that I know it was country night, I'm glad I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that Paula always acts like she is on drugs. Sometimes worse than others. I didn't watch it because it was Country night. I can't stand that WANG-WANG music! YUKE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you Sarah, when I found out it was Country night & wondered if you watched it.

    And Mom...What the heck does YUKE mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and what in the heck does WANG-WANG mean? I guess it makes as much sense as YUKE! I've always loved Kenny Rogers but he doesn't even look like himself anymore.
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did get to see Buckey, he was the only one, but then we did see the re-cap at the end. Of course they show the best of the best then. I hope ACE leaves soon! I watch Talk Soup, where they make fun of Reality TV, and they were making fun of Ace and his Stare last week and his nasty hair. I hope he leaves. I'm tired of looking at him. Elliot can go too. I don't Like to watch him sing! I hope a guy goes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard all kinds of things about Paula... of course can't believe anything as TRUTH, but there a lot of talk out there about her and drug problem. I saw somewhere that they were thinking about replacing her with Brittany Spears or Jessica Simpson! What the heck???? I sure hope not.

    I don't mind country. I don't listen to it, but I grew up around it, and country rock. I don't like the sappy stuff, but some of its not so bad.

    Chris and I both confess to going through a COUNTRY stage in our younger years. I was in 5th grade, and fell in LOVE with Garth Brooks. My mom didn't like it that I liked his music. Esp the "Friends in Low Places" song.

    I remember her sitting down with me and telling me that having friends in LOW places was NOT a good thing. I just laughed. I knew that... I just liked the song! Like me and my 5th grade friends were going to sit around and let the WHISKY DROWN OUR BLUES AWAY!

    OH well. Sorry for the long comment!

    Maybe Vickie meant YUCK... or maybe that is her country voice for YUCK... Say YUKE with a country slang... its funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Staci! That's just my families way of cutting me or I could say CORRECTING me. I'm use to it!

    YUKE/YULK/YUCK (?)

    WANG-WANG - thats what country music sounds like to me. Maybe I should have said TWANG-TWANG! It's the nasal sounding music. Gettin' drunk, sleepin' around music.
    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula is on prescription pain killers. She's got a lot of problems with her neck due to an accident years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.