I don't regret the names I've chosen for my kids (Jack and Abby) but I always wanted a boy named Charlie. Well, since my last name is Brown; it was a definite no go! I can't have a kid they'd nickname "Blockhead"!!
Hi! I named my boys Jonah and Riley. Riley was supposed to be "Elijah James"...but my Cajun mom and dad just slaughtered the name every time they tried to say it. LOL! So, we came up with "Riley James" instead. I have just a tiny regret, because I wanted both my boys to be named after prophets. But everytime I call him "Ry Ry"...I know it was the right choice.
I named my kids Granville Cody and Makia Adam and Dagan Gage. Granville is after my greatfather. Makia is Hawiian for strong because he was deaf at birth and has recovered just fine. Dagan is hebrew for earth and Gage is hebrew for life. I have no regrets I wanted different names and ones that would mean something.
With Aidan- I had only heard of one other Aidan so we decided about a year & a half before we started having kids that we would name our 1st boy that because it was original. He was born at the beginning of the year and that year his name was the number 2 baby name and the following 2 years it was number one. I'm afraid it will be the "Jennifer" of his generation. But now we also have names that people just throw a letter in front of his name...Hayden, Jayden, Caden, etc. So I am def. bummed that we did the most popular name BUT at the same time I couldn't imagine him having another name!!!
I love my kids names. With Jesse I went through so many lists of names before Aaron finally said "that name sounds ok" so that was the name we came up with him, and I love it. Aaron didn't didn't didn't like newer names (hunter, chase, etc.) so we went older and we got so many compliments on his name when he was in the NICU--Jesse Gabriel. With Emma, I couldn't really think of too many girl names i liked, there were only about 3 and Aaron didn't really care too much out of the 3. Emma was my favorite out of the 3. Emma Elise (eeeleeese) I love both my kids names. I told Aaron though, if he had left me when I got pregnant with Jesse, Jesse would have been Shane. ( I have always loved the name Shane) I think Jesse will be the only Jesse in his class, but Emma was the number one name for girls in 2003 (cuz of the Friends baby) butI had had that name since before the friends baby. Why are you asking? Do you not like your name?
From the time I was in 7th grade I had my little girl's name picked out. The middle name changed according to whatever boy I had a crush on at the time! When I got pregnant with Brandon, Barry wanted a "Barry Jr." but I vetoed that - "Little Barry" was all I could think of. Brandon just sounded good (a very popular name in 1982.) We settled for Barry's middle name of Craig, and thus Brandon Craig was born. When I got pregnant with Devin, my dad had died the year before, so we knew "Richard" would be the middle name. I did the book of baby names, and we couldn't decide, so we let Brandon (age 5) get in on it and he liked Devin, then we did too, so Devin Richard was born. When we got Michael at 8 days, he already had been named by his birth nom. By the time his adoption went through - 4 years later - Michael Lee was just who he was. We thought about adding another name, a family name, but decided giving him the last name of Smith was enough. And it gives him a tie to his birth mom, something that I think will be important when he grows up. Laurel came to us with another birth name. "Laurel" was definitely going to be her first name, so we took one of her birth names and changed the "K" in Katherine to a "C" (royalty) and that's how Laurel Catherine became!
Well you can definitely tell that Jessica was born way earlier than the others. I chose Jessica after her dad... her middle name is Lauren... no special reason. Jessica's one of those popular names that i wouldn't chose today. Darcy is from a band that Matthew and I love... we saw them for our first date -The Dropkick Murphys- One of the songs is about a chick named Darcy and a line in the song says "you bit of more than you could chew the first day you met me" I always liked that part ;) Brennen is her middle name and i just like the name. Jacob Benjamin ... well we picked Jacob b/c when we found out they were boys we also found out He was breeched so we named him after the story about him wrestling with God. which now we don't know who's who in there :( Benjamin is Matt's little brother's middle name and we're all pretty close. Jeremiah Brogan we picked b/c... i dunno why we picked jeremiah... we just always liked that name... Brogan was actually a name that I picked before we knew Darcy was a girl... so i made matthew promise we could name a child brogan... but my mother butchered the name... she says BroGAN and it drives me crazy... But I also hear people pronouncing Darcy like daRRRRRcy which also drives me crazy!
We didn't know the sex of our baby. We picked out a boy name quickly but could not, could not, could not agree on a girl name. I picked ReAnn for a middle name for a combo of his mom's name and my mom's name. I was literally two weeks before my due date and we still couldn't agree on the first name. I threw out Nicole and he instantly liked it. At first, I wasn't that hip to the idea of Nicole ReAnn. Once she popped into the world, it fit. I can't imagine her being named anything else.
We found Justus name while reading through the bible. It's unique enough for me but people can still pronounce it. Everyone always spells it wrong (justice) which is understandable. His middle name is nathaniel & I wanted bible names so that is what we came up with.
On this second go round it hasn't been that easy. Sam wants another J name but I'm not so sure.
We chose "Seth" for our son because it means "appointed one". We truly believe that GOD appointed him to us. His middle name is "Andrew" after my brother. I really like "Drew" also & am totally cool with him wanting to be called that later in his life if he chooses. I also liked "Dylan" but Scott hated it & said it remined him of 90210 which was on of my favorite TV shows!!! Ha!
And "baby sister".....well, we still have no name for her. We are hoping her picture will spark something when we see it.
I don't regret the names I've chosen for my kids (Jack and Abby) but I always wanted a boy named Charlie. Well, since my last name is Brown; it was a definite no go! I can't have a kid they'd nickname "Blockhead"!!
ReplyDeleteHi! I named my boys Jonah and Riley. Riley was supposed to be "Elijah James"...but my Cajun mom and dad just slaughtered the name every time they tried to say it. LOL! So, we came up with "Riley James" instead. I have just a tiny regret, because I wanted both my boys to be named after prophets. But everytime I call him "Ry Ry"...I know it was the right choice.
ReplyDeleteI named my kids Granville Cody and Makia Adam and Dagan Gage. Granville is after my greatfather. Makia is Hawiian for strong because he was deaf at birth and has recovered just fine. Dagan is hebrew for earth and Gage is hebrew for life. I have no regrets I wanted different names and ones that would mean something.
ReplyDeleteWith Aidan- I had only heard of one other Aidan so we decided about a year & a half before we started having kids that we would name our 1st boy that because it was original. He was born at the beginning of the year and that year his name was the number 2 baby name and the following 2 years it was number one. I'm afraid it will be the "Jennifer" of his generation. But now we also have names that people just throw a letter in front of his name...Hayden, Jayden, Caden, etc. So I am def. bummed that we did the most popular name BUT at the same time I couldn't imagine him having another name!!!
ReplyDeleteI love my kids names. With Jesse I went through so many lists of names before Aaron finally said "that name sounds ok" so that was the name we came up with him, and I love it. Aaron didn't didn't didn't like newer names (hunter, chase, etc.) so we went older and we got so many compliments on his name when he was in the NICU--Jesse Gabriel. With Emma, I couldn't really think of too many girl names i liked, there were only about 3 and Aaron didn't really care too much out of the 3. Emma was my favorite out of the 3. Emma Elise (eeeleeese) I love both my kids names. I told Aaron though, if he had left me when I got pregnant with Jesse, Jesse would have been Shane. ( I have always loved the name Shane) I think Jesse will be the only Jesse in his class, but Emma was the number one name for girls in 2003 (cuz of the Friends baby) butI had had that name since before the friends baby. Why are you asking? Do you not like your name?
ReplyDeleteFrom the time I was in 7th grade I had my little girl's name picked out. The middle name changed according to whatever boy I had a crush on at the time! When I got pregnant with Brandon, Barry wanted a "Barry Jr." but I vetoed that - "Little Barry" was all I could think of. Brandon just sounded good (a very popular name in 1982.) We settled for Barry's middle name of Craig, and thus Brandon Craig was born. When I got pregnant with Devin, my dad had died the year before, so we knew "Richard" would be the middle name. I did the book of baby names, and we couldn't decide, so we let Brandon (age 5) get in on it and he liked Devin, then we did too, so Devin Richard was born. When we got Michael at 8 days, he already had been named by his birth nom. By the time his adoption went through - 4 years later - Michael Lee was just who he was. We thought about adding another name, a family name, but decided giving him the last name of Smith was enough. And it gives him a tie to his birth mom, something that I think will be important when he grows up. Laurel came to us with another birth name. "Laurel" was definitely going to be her first name, so we took one of her birth names and changed the "K" in Katherine to a "C" (royalty) and that's how Laurel Catherine became!
ReplyDeleteWell you can definitely tell that Jessica was born way earlier than the others. I chose Jessica after her dad... her middle name is Lauren... no special reason. Jessica's one of those popular names that i wouldn't chose today. Darcy is from a band that Matthew and I love... we saw them for our first date -The Dropkick Murphys- One of the songs is about a chick named Darcy and a line in the song says "you bit of more than you could chew the first day you met me" I always liked that part ;) Brennen is her middle name and i just like the name. Jacob Benjamin ... well we picked Jacob b/c when we found out they were boys we also found out He was breeched so we named him after the story about him wrestling with God. which now we don't know who's who in there :( Benjamin is Matt's little brother's middle name and we're all pretty close. Jeremiah Brogan we picked b/c... i dunno why we picked jeremiah... we just always liked that name... Brogan was actually a name that I picked before we knew Darcy was a girl... so i made matthew promise we could name a child brogan... but my mother butchered the name... she says BroGAN and it drives me crazy... But I also hear people pronouncing Darcy like daRRRRRcy which also drives me crazy!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't know the sex of our baby. We picked out a boy name quickly but could not, could not, could not agree on a girl name. I picked ReAnn for a middle name for a combo of his mom's name and my mom's name. I was literally two weeks before my due date and we still couldn't agree on the first name. I threw out Nicole and he instantly liked it. At first, I wasn't that hip to the idea of Nicole ReAnn. Once she popped into the world, it fit. I can't imagine her being named anything else.
ReplyDeleteWe found Justus name while reading through the bible. It's unique enough for me but people can still pronounce it. Everyone always spells it wrong (justice) which is understandable. His middle name is nathaniel & I wanted bible names so that is what we came up with.
ReplyDeleteOn this second go round it hasn't been that easy. Sam wants another J name but I'm not so sure.
ps Love the pics at the mountain. I wanna go!
Dana, to answer your question...It's just something I have always wondered. Do people regret the names they choose? That's all.
ReplyDeleteIf it had have been up to me, your name would have been Misty Dawn!!
ReplyDeleteWe chose "Seth" for our son because it means "appointed one". We truly believe that GOD appointed him to us. His middle name is "Andrew" after my brother. I really like "Drew" also & am totally cool with him wanting to be called that later in his life if he chooses. I also liked "Dylan" but Scott hated it & said it remined him of 90210 which was on of my favorite TV shows!!! Ha!
ReplyDeleteAnd "baby sister".....well, we still have no name for her. We are hoping her picture will spark something when we see it.