Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Been Awhile

I took an unintentional blog break.
I'll give you a breakdown of the last few days.

Wednesday- I cleaned house, rearranged the living room a bit, took Mom & Danny's Anniversary pictures, found out my cousin Amber was in the hospital (with headaches & high blood pressure) & that they needed me to keep Ashtyn & Alyssa. So, I ended the evening over at Amber's house spending the night with my Aunt Renee.

Thursday- I didn't really sleep. As you know, I'm a night owl & it's almost impossible for me to go to bed early. Once I tried Alyssa woke me up to eat. But I surely didn't mind at all. So between, feedings, me not being tired, & getting up when Renee got up for work, so I could get ready before Ashtyn woke up, I only got 30 minutes sleep. I'm not kidding either, from 3-3:30am. LOL But I really didn't mind. I enjoyed those two precious little girls more than anything. Amber came home from the hospital & D came & got me & we were home by 5pm. D treated me to one of my favorite restaurants, Del Toro, but we got take out. It's funny how when you are running on adrenaline & when you finally sit down you crash! And that's exactly what I did, on the way home. I was delirious & all D could do was laugh at me. I couldn't even finish my supper, before I was in bed.

Friday- I slept in, except for a few hours in the middle of the night that I got up to watch Survivor & a few other things. Of course, it was grocery week. I love to buy groceries.

Saturday- We did outside work. I trimmed the rose bushes, while D cleaned out the gutters. He was going to pressure wash the back porch, but I took it away from him, because it's so much fun!!! So, he cleaned out the shed. I gave the 'kids' baths & by this time I wasn't feeling so good. I took a shower & hit the couch. I was excited because, we got 3 of the new movies from Netflix. "Walk the Line, Pride & Prejudice, & Yours, Mine & Ours." D & I watched "Walk the Line" & LOVED IT! D started watching "P & P" with me, but he got lost in the dialog & went to bed.

Sunday- I ended up running a fever & just feeling awful, so I spent the entire day in the bed. We watched, "Y, M & O." It was cute, but no way near as good as original. You can't get better than Lucille Ball & Henry Fonda. I watched, "P & P" again. I guess you can tell I enjoyed it. Jane Austen is awesome! Then I watched all the red carpet coverage & the Oscars. I'm so happy for Reese Witherspoon (loved her dress)!!! And for the movie "Crash" for winning Best Picture!

I didn't mean to not blog, but I just didn't feel like it & really wasn't even online. Which is very odd for me. But I wasn't in the mood, I guess. I'm still not feeling very well, either. It's a little bit of female junk & the I don't know whats. So now you know where I've been. Thanks to everyone who sent me e-mails wondering where if I was OK. :)

4 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    Words cannot express my gratitude for the gift you gave in coming to Amber's to take care of my precious Grandbabies! It was a very stressful week, and the first rest I had was the night you came and took over. You absolutely amazed me, and the greatest thing for me was that I didn't have to worry about them being taken care of. How precious you are. I am asking the Lord to richly bless you out of His abundance for giving of yourself. I love you.
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with mom! I don't know what we would have done without you. Thanks again! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back! I'm also glad that everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.