When I went through all those magazines, back awhile ago, I found a few magazines that I haven't read before. One of the being "Today's Christian Women." I've never really liked to read these kinda magazines, but this one was really interesting. One article I found intriguing was about 4 women, who became friends during their college years. When they all started their separate lives & went their own ways, they began a journal. This journal would rotate between the 4 women. Each one would keep it for a month & she would write her inner thoughts, fun stuff, give advice, ask for advice & even pray for one another.
While I was reading about these women, I found myself thinking about how I wish I had 3 other friends to share a journal with. But then I realized I have something much better. I have a circle of friends, some that I've known for forever, that have been in my life way before blogs & others that I'm just building friendships with. They are in all corners of the world. I get to read about their lives daily & I don't have to wait my turn, for the journal to arrive. What a gift. I'm so grateful for blogs, not only have they been a place to have fun, but it has taught me alot about myself.
To ALL my friends out there, YA'LL ARE AWESOME & keep on blogging! :)

Amen, sister!!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad for blogs too. I like getting as close as I can, cuz this is the only way I can.
ReplyDeleteI agree - and I find myself not being as anxious or "needing" to rush Barry at the end of the day and spill out all the words I have been saving up. I think he appreciates me being more balanced, also! Not being near my family (all in Texas) or my best friends (Texas and Georgia) and living in a world where everyone is super busy, no matter how friendly we are with each other at church, means isolation at times. When you feel cut off from the world, you begin to turn inward, and that can only cause trouble! Xanga and email keeps me in touch, and helps me to get out of my box. I love keeping up with everyone, it broadens my world! Thanks for having blogs and such so we can be entertained and informed and spiritually uplifted. I may begin a Smith Family blog this summer. We'll see! Janet
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to comment that I came across your blog by accident actually. I think I was surfing the blogger sight and got to it or maybe I say your comments on another blog. Anyway, I am here and I have linked my blog to yours because you are awesome. You are so open and so real. I love reading about your life and your take on things. Especially in Baby Hopes, what a great way to document the process you are going through. Just so you know a friend of mine just found out she is Prego with her first child that was done by IVF. She went through 3 miscarriages and 4 failed IVF's before she finally got one to "take". Just continue to have faith that God will provide and show you the way and purpose of this path he has put you on. I pray for you and your husband everyday and always look forward to coming over and reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lisa
I, too, appreciate the blogging. I have had the chance to meet a great friend who I am able to share my deepest secret with...YOU! Thank you, Crystal.
ReplyDeleteI agree with so much that you've said. I've met so many wonderful people...all with their own struggles and stories. It amazes me how the Lord even has a divine plan for technology...I can't even tell you how many times I've read something at just the right time that I needed it. When I went to Disney, I missed my blog buddies and couldn't wait to get back in touch with everyone. It's a fun hobby and I'm so glad I accidentally found about it!
ReplyDeleteI'm there with ya, too girlfriend :)
ReplyDeleteLove the blogs (and bloggers!!!)
Keep it up! WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER!
(((hugs)))
Stacy