Tonight was our first night of small groups over at the Pavey's. I wasn't completely sure if we were eating supper there, so I told D to eat something small, just in case. That way if we didn't eat there, he wouldn't be starving. Well, of course his idea of something small & my idea are polar opposites. He ate a can of Spaghetti O's, several cheese tortillas, Pringles & Corn Dogs!!!
Well, when we got there we realized that we would be eating. And there was alot of food including T-bone steaks & Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I of course took my own advice & got to enjoy all of my food. Which was quite delicious, I must say! But D was hilarious. He tried so hard to eat his plate of food, but it just had no where to go. But he continued to push it down. He didn't want to seem rude, ya know? I knew something was wrong when he refused to eat dessert! LOL We came home with his steak & his dessert. :)
On the way home, all he kept saying was. "I'm so full!" And "Oh I'm so miserable." All I could do was laugh at him....There was NO sympathy from me. The things is, is that they all probably thought that the big guy sure eats like a bird. Boy, are they in for a rude awakening next week!
As far as the night, we had a great time. We haven't ever done anything like this before, so this is an completely new experience. I felt so grown up. I wonder if everyone has those moments of realization. Like I'm at a dinner party with other married couples who are in there 30's & are all parents. Yikes! How did that happen? When did I become an adult? We were the youngest couple there too, so that made it even more weird, not in a bad way or anything, but just surreal, I guess. We had some great laughs, but how could you not with that group of people? I'm really looking forward to getting to know them all, learing from each other & creating new friendships. And the best part is drawing closer to the Lord in the process. How exciting!
Thank you Jesus for the opportunity & for pushing us to do this. The possibilities are endless. You are so good to us.

D cracks me up. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. The Pavey's are awesome people and like you say, you can't help but have fun with them.
ReplyDeleteMy surreal moment was when we were at the 50's plus Valentine's Dinner. My brain doesn't seem to go with what I look like in the mirror; white headed and 54.
I am so glad you guys had such a good time!! Daniel is so funny, Maybe next time he will listen to you!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteAaron does that same thing, they should always listen to us. My moment came last year when we bought a couch. I said, having kids doesn't make me feel like an adult but buying a couch does. lol we had a futon befoe that. I would love to find a small group like that to be a part of. I think it might make Aaron less uncomfortable to be around christians if we had something like that to try first.
ReplyDeleteI think I will buy stock in pringles... Daniel seems to eat them all the time. I think his habit could put my child through college- if I manage it right!
ReplyDeleteJ/K
Glad you had a good time at the Pavey's... now you know how we felt last week- being the youngest people there... does make you feel grown up though-
I need to call you- Chris is off to Mexico-