Last year we were so broke we had $2 egg rolls, by candle light & it was a sweet Valentine's. This year I made T-bone steaks, sauteed garlic green beans, loaded baked potatoes & Mom brought us a Chocolate mousse cheesecake. I'll say that was a major step up from egg rolls! LOL
We had planned on getting each other nice gifts this year (which it would have been the first time), but we didn't plan on Rocco having to get fixed. So that was our Valentine present. Nice huh? But it kinda was a priceless gift to have him sweet...Oh shoot!...I mean nice again. :)
We have a nice Music program on our computer, but I have never really learned how to use it. I have been wanting to learn how to make my own mixed CD's, so I finally read the instructions (something I hate to do) & I made us a Valentine's mix. It turned out great! It has some Marvin Gaye & Al Green....Yeah baby....Now that's the good music! So we danced by candlelight, as Rocco jumped up & down. And Razz chased Molly everywhere. Nothing like a romantic night at home.

Awwwww, sounds romantic!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds great Crystal! I remembered your egg roll story last night when I was making us dinner! It made me smile. I think some of my best Valentine memories are the ones where we are broke!! For some reason I don't remember the years where we bought each other presents as vividly!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI think our first Valentines Day was the most precious to me... I lived in Bham with your mom and Chris was in Gulfport and we had been daiting 11 months, and he drove up to Greenville and met me there (Same town where we met up) and he brought me roses, (yellow) and a teddy bear and balloon. It was the typical Valentine Gift, but it was very special to me- and then we ate lunch and went to a park and went for a very long walk. And a great talk... it had been a while since we had seen each other. It was so hard to leave each other that day- even though I knew I would be moving to Mississippi in a few weeks, I didn't want to let go of him or that moment.- Sigh- That was the year 2000.
ReplyDeleteThen I can't remember what we did for our first year as a married couple... I think
2001 probably went to Olive Garden on the Beach in Biloxi
2002 we ate at Outback in Dallas(but not on Valentines day...)
2003 & 2004 we were in Mexico on an Outreach/Missions trip- so no Valentines Celebrations then.
2005- I hosted a Valentines Kids Night at the church, so parents could have a DATE NIGHT with Free Child care.
2006- we went to a funeral that morning, and spent the afternoon at the house, and went to the SHS basketball game. Nothing Special-but that is okay- because I have been too tired to care!!! I did get some great gifts from other people and cards from my family- so that was cool.
For Danny's Valentine I bought him some Hershey's Kisses and a mushy card. I went to Buddy's B-B-Q and bought us a slab of ribs that we ate by candle-light (we still had the light on over the table so Danny can see what he's eating). This Saturday night he is taking me to the Fish Market in Calera to eat. That is one of my favorite restaurants.
ReplyDelete