It all started on Friday. My neck was giving me some trouble, but D & I went to the grocery store anyway. By the time I had left there, I knew that I was going to have to go to Urgent Care. The pain was all the way done my left arm. I couldn't even use my arm. We came home, dropped off the groceries & Mom came over to put up the cold stuff for us. We had to hurry because Urgent Care was closing in an hour. They gave my a shot & some pain killers. I came home, took my meds & iced my neck.
The worse part about this weekend has been Rocco. He has become extremely aggressive towards Razz. He started doing this a bit around Christmas. He is only aggressive around me. Because he is possessive over me. Well, last Tuesday night he attached Razz & he has not been the same since. It's like something has snapped. I have never seen anything like it. It is so upsetting. Rocco has turned into a demon dog. We have had to keep him separated from Razz. We even put up a baby gate to keep him in the hallway & computer room. He tries to attach Razz through the gate. We have tried every kind of discipline. I've called the vet & they said it's just his personality, since he's a Chihuahua.
Tonight was awful....I had let him out into the living room, I was sitting on the couch with Razz. Rocco was walking from our bedroom, when I told him to get out of that room. He seriously came flying across the room & started attaching Razz. I was getting Razz out of the way & as I was getting up, Rocco was attaching me. D got him & put him into the computer room. It was awful....He bit me. I mean really bit me. It was on my back & Mom came over to bandage me up.
I am so devastated. I lost it. I had already been crying since last night, because we were trying to decide what to do with him. We wondered if getting him fixed would help. But what if it didn't? We can't live like this. Razz & Molly are scared of him now. And we can't have this in our home. Especially with us trying to have a baby. There is no way! I called Staci Friday night, because I knew she would understand what I'm going through. She loves her dogs like I do mine. They are like our children & it is agony thinking that one of them will have to leave our family. Rocco is not just some pet, that I can just get rid of because I want too. He's not just a dog to me. This is so incredibly difficult. I am heartbroken. I know that he has to go, but it doesn't make it any easier. I can't believe this! Like right now he is in the computer room with me & he's as sweet as can be. And that is making it even more heartwrenching. I am so sad.
What's so bad, is that Rocco doesn't know he's doing wrong. He just thinks he's protecting me. I love that puppy so much. I hate this.

Poor Rocco- The little guy is just trying to hard! I know it breaks your heart. I would not want to have to make that kind of choice. Its not like you can send him off to boarding school and in a few years he will return... Let me know what you decide to do. I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat an agonizing decision. He may be better if you get him fixed because I have seen dogs get better. But, I had an aggressive dachschund who was fixed & was still agressive.
ReplyDeleteHope your neck is feeling better soon!!!
If you can find a chiropractor that does Network Chiropractic, this has been very helpful for me. I have fibromyalgia and sciatica, and although I had been going to this chiropractor for a while, there came a time when I couldn't afford it. When I went back, my spine had become a horrible mess in the meantime. My left shoulder and hip were WAY higher than my right shoulder and hip and my spine had curved way over to the left. YIKES!!! After having been back with it for a month, it has really helped me feel better and the Fibromyalgia has been far less severe. This type of chiropractic (Network) works with muscle manipulation rather than "bone cracking." So if there is a practitioner in your area, it is definitely worth looking into! Good luck with this. I know how hard it can make life to have to deal with constant pain.
ReplyDeletePeace and best wishes,
Cie