Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas So Far

Friday, I kept Bryant for some of the day. Michael stopped by to visit with D & I, on his way home from a funeral. It's the first time that he has been to my house since we got Razz & Rocco. Let's just say it was chaos! Molly has always loved Michael, he always looks for the pig in the vent with her. Yes, we have a pig in the air vent, why?... I don't know. But Molly thinks there is. lol Rocco was smitten with Michael. By the time Michael left, Rocco smelled like his cologne. Rocco was so funny, he wouldn't get out of Michael's lap. But Razz, didn't like Michael at all! He barked at him & even tried to bite him. That's never happened. Normally Razz is comfortable with people at our house.

Then Friday night D & I went over to my Aunt Renee's for our Family Party. It was alot of fun. I think I enjoyed playing Jenga with Codie the most. He is such a sweet little boy. We played the Truth or Dare Jenga & he cracked me up with the answers he gave to some of the questions. After everyone left, D & I hung around. Jimbo & Renee went to bed & D fell asleep on the couch, while Donna, Bonnie & I had some girl talk. Oh how I love girl talk! :) We didn't get home till after 2 am!!!

Today we went to finish up shopping. And as we were leaving the house, it began to pour down rain as we were going to the car. Of course there wasn't an umbrella in the car either! We just prayed it would stop by the time we got the the shopping center. It poured & poured while we were in Wal-mart. And we were dreading having to go to the car. It had stopped & as we got to the car, the bottom let out again. We had 2 buggy loads of stuff, so that was quite fun. We had to go to one more place before we went home & we were drenched by the time we went there.

Tonight, I prepared our food for tomorrow & we have watched several Christmas movies. Plus we got to see Santa. Every Christmas Eve since I could remember, I have gotten to see Santa on the firetruck. When I was a kid, that was such a highlight. And it still makes me giddy! We were worried though since it was raining that Santa wouldn't be coming. But we heard the sirens in the distance, we ran to put our shoes on. We didn't walk down to the street this year though. We stood on the front porch under an umbrella. Even Santa was staying dry, he wasn't on top of the truck, he was in the cab of the truck! What a smart Santa. :)
Then of course I had to do another tradition. I watched the weather report on the news, so I could see where Santa was on the radar. When I was little I would get to stay up to see that, then I had to go to bed. But I never slept, once I got there. I was way too excited!!!

1 comment:

  1. I missed that this year!! We had fun in Nashville (see my blog later for details), but I missed all of my traditions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.