Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Update

OK, sorry I didn’t have a new post this morning for all my devoted readers. It wasn’t because I didn’t blog. I wrote all about my weekend & it didn’t post. So, I rewrote it all again & it still didn’t post. I was too tired to to try again. There was something wrong with my blog & I didn’t feel like figuring out what it was. I’m going to attempt to write about my weekend once again. Here goes.....

I stayed in bed all day Friday. I was determined to go to the MC Alumni Coram Deo (Face to Face with God). I felt really bad & was actually getting worse close to time to go. But the Lord knew just how badly I wanted to be there. I prayed that I would feel good for the service & then when it was over I could go back to feeling bad again. We went & we had a wonderful time. It was great seeing other Alumni & meeting new MC’s. Even though I wanted to stay, we had to leave soon after it was over. D had to get to work early Saturday morning. As soon as I sat down in the car, I felt like crap again, so God came through on that one! I am looking forward to the next Coram Deo though.

Saturday was our Annual Family Weenie Roast at my Paw’s. I was supposed to go help set up, but I was still feeling pretty bad. And it made me feel worse knowing that Diane & Amber were having to do all the work. :)
It was drizzling on our way there & we weren’t too long before it came a down pour. I was already on the porch keeping dry, when the rest of the clan joined me. Luckily the weenies & sausages all got cooked, so we had an indoor weenie roast. It did quit raining so we could make S’mores. It was the first time I have had eaten a S’more & it was yummy. We had a great time, even though I was kind of a zombie. Except for when I had an emotional moment. I’m a VERY emotional person, but when I’m sick, Buddy, I’m awful. But all is good & we were the first to leave, because I needed to go get in the bed.

We got up Sunday morning to go to church & guess what? I felt pretty good (other than still sounding like a man & hacking up a lung), but D is sick!!!!!!! I kept him full of meds & he slept most of the day. I went & kept Jamie’s boys that evening. They were lots of fun & FULL of energy. LOL
As you can tell we didn’t get to go to church, & for the first time, since I can remember my heart actually ached because we missed it. It was a strange yet familiar feeling & I'm anxiously awaiting next Sunday.

I planned on taking a bunch of pictures Saturday. But I really wasn’t feeling the picture thang. And then my rechargeable batteries in the camera, have been recharged 1 time too many & they died. Oh...Frustration! I’ll post the pics later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling a little better, girl! I know how draining sickness can be... and frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.