Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Christmas Memories

I guess I was 12 or 13 & I had asked for a stereo that year. This was when stereos were really big & came with 2 large speakers, kind like furniture. One day before Christmas I was home alone & decided to go snooping. I found a big box hidden under stuff in the very back of my Mom's walk-in closet. So, I pulled it out & opened up the top & found out that I was indeed getting the stereo I asked for. I put everything back the way I found it, at least I thought I did. The moments of excitement of finding the box, quickly turned into disappointment, when I realized that I wouldn't be surprised on Christmas morning. It was nagging feeling that followed me up until Christmas. I tried to act all excited when I walked into the Living room that morning & was hit with major guilt when Mom asked me how I felt finding it weeks ago. I have never snooped again, that cured me.

3 comments:

  1. I did this too. But I never 'fessed up. Probably accounts for all the lumps of coal I got in subsequent years! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've done that before... several times but the one time that really got me was when matty and I were dating I was laying on his bed and I went through his wallet and found a receipt for a digital camera... I was so upset that i found it and I told him... he wasn't mad but he was disappointed b/c he really wanted to surprise me... I haven't snooped since then either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE knowing what I'm getting!! Hank has a gift for me in the backseat of his car. He had it covered with his sweatshirt. I had to drive the car the other day, when we had to fix the flat on the van, and the boys pulled the sweatshirt off. I love it... I just didn't want to know! It's a shoulder bag to carry along with me when we go to sing and stuff. Just big enough for shoes, make-up, curling iron, etc. It's nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.