Friday night I went to a Red Cross class to become a volunteer. I went with my Aunt Renee & her friend Katrina (No not the hurricane). We had a good time, when we weren't bored to death! LOL One thing that was cool, is that this class normally has between 25-30 people in it. This one had 600!!! That's not a typo, I said 600!!! Crazy, huh? That was very inspiring, to see people come together like that. The reason we went was so we could volunteer at the shelter they are setting up at the fairgrounds. But once you become a Red Cross volunteer, you can volunteer for anything that comes up. I just need to go get my picture made & the local RC center, to get my badge. I really enjoyed spending time with Renee & Katrina. Thanks again for the Micky-dee's Renee. When I got home I watched the movie "Beauty Shop", and I LOVED it!
Saturday, D & I watched "The Aviator". I have been wanting to see it just because of the old Hollywood Glamour. It was a very interesting movie, but not one I would want to see again.
That evening I went over to Jamie's house & we had a girl night. She cooked some shrimp pasta & we also had some salad. We started watching "Monster-in-law", but we were talking to much, so we turned it off & she let me borrow it. We painted our toenails & then did some awesome clay masks. We watched Big Brother & ate some of my favorite ice cream, Peanut Butter Panic!!! The we talked lat into the night. It was a blast! Thanks for inviting me over Jamie.
Today, D & I rearranged our bedroom, so we could open up the "good" (the one that's easy to open) window, since it's starting to be cool at night. Isn't that the best to sleep with a fan in the window? So, yummy! We watched "Monster-in-Law" & it was so cute. Then I did some reading & we watched the new Reality shows on VH1.
How was your weekend?

Crystal,
ReplyDeleteMaybe next time we can find some REAL food...it was fun and I'm glad we were together. Last night I saw Jeanette and Ed Dickinson at KFC in Columbiana (she's the one who introduced the video at the RC Training on Friday night). She did an actual head count and there were right at 1,000 people there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just under 600 signed the register!!! Phenomonal! They said go by the RC office in Alabaster and they will stop what they are doing and take your picture and make your badge while you wait. I'm gonna stop by there on my way home from work, hopefully today. They said we need to see the Exhibition Center...that we wouldn't believe it. You can get in there now without your RC ID before the Evacuees get there on Thursday; after that, you must have your badge. Love you, rg
I'm Jealous! Sounds like fun and relaxation!
ReplyDeletePS, I do like the name ZOWIE.(really spelled ZOE) for the cat and a child :) That is the name of Elmo's friend on Sesame Street too. And the girls christian band ZOE GIRL... means LIFE. Anyway- One day we will have a girls night too- maybe.
Zowie Bowie's name was spelled Z-O-W-I-E, to match his last name. And I'm spelling it Z-O-E-Y, like Joey is spelled, instead of Z-O-E.
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a good time
ReplyDelete