Don't you love it when God is teaching you something & you find something that says exactly what you feel. It's like sitting in church, nodding your head & saying "AMEN"....LOL. God is super cool!
I wrote my "Condition of the Heart" post earlier today & then was blog/xanga surfing & read this on a friends xanga. I just loved it & wished I had wrote it myself. But since I didn't, I thought I would share what he said.
You know, people can talk some major trash about one another...Christians in particular...we can get on our religious "high horse" and really judge and be so critical, when we, of all people, are supposed to love more than anything else. All this great mercy and grace that we have so freely received, we are to give just as freely...but it seems at times that we are the first to point our fingers in judgement, when we usually don't know the whole story, and haven't walked even a 1/2 mile in the other person's shoes. I just wish we'd all learn to get the tree out of our own eye, before we go picking at the splinter in our brother's. Why not, instead of judging, build up? Instead of criticizing, encourage? Why not uplift, rather than tear down, and truly practice the whole deal of forgiving 70 times 7...you know, that's a whole lot!
There is not one good, no not one. We're all flawed sinners, just trying to make it day by day and week by week...but sometimes we (as Christians) put so much pressure on ourselves to be so perfect...to dot every "i" and cross every "t", that we forget that the greatest commandment of all (according to Messiah Himself), was simply to...LOVE.

You know going through this very devastating time I have learned that life is very hard and sometimes grueling, so why add to life's already complicated things by tearing one another down? If anything I will try to be more respectful and loving toward people because you never know the crisis that may or may not come to others. There is enough pain in the world for all of us let's not make more.
ReplyDeleteI agree Maria!!
ReplyDelete