1908: Year in which John Breck introduced the first liquid shampoo in the United States.
90: Percentage of Americans who shampoo their hair every day.
4: Average number of days a month woman washed their hair 50 years ago.
1: Average number of days a month a woman washed her hair 100 years ago.
1: Number of minutes it takes most women to wash their hair.
20: Number of minutes it takes country singer Crystal Gayle (whom I'm named after) to wash her calf-length hair.
45: Percentage of women say fragrance is one of the most important qualities in a shampoo.
I got these little factoids from Allure Magazine.
Here's my questions:
What is the quality you like most in a shampoo? And what is your favorite shampoo?
I am all about the fragrance. I don't care if they say it's the best shampoo ever created, if it stinks, I ain't having it.
My favorite shampoo is Pantene & has been for years. But since I am a product junkie, I always try the newest product that's on the market. Then sometimes I'll get what's on sale. Right now I'm using Dove.

I use Pantene, Dove and Suave. I use the 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner). I find that Pantene is sometimes a little heavy for my hair and so I just use it every now and then. After all these years I still have oily hair.
ReplyDeleteI am also trying Dove right now. I have found that the fragrance is a little heavy for me. I tend to always drift back to the Suave Professionals line. I like how they smell like the shampoos used in salons.
ReplyDeleteherbal essence(sp)
ReplyDeleteI really love the smell of K-pak... its only sold in salons... i think thats the name... i used it a long time ago when I worked in one.... yeah i was a shampoo girl :)
I like Pantene and I use to use Dove but it didn't give my hair enough moisture. For me as along as the prodict makes my hair soft and frizz free I am good. Oh and the smell does count.
ReplyDeleteI use Dove shampoo and conditioner. My hair is very fine so I use the extra volumn variety of Dove. Fragrance is not so important to me---in fact, I am allergic to most fragrances (gives me migraines) so I prefer one without any. Another perk to no fragrance---no bees or other insects attacking me when I go out!! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh, and I wash my hair every other day.
LOve bedhead products when I can afford it. Herbal Essence, the kangaroo stuff works real good when my hair has been colored. I try to switch it up.
ReplyDelete