Sunday, August 21, 2005

Memories

D got some old CD's & put them in the car the other day. When I went to the store, I was looking at them & found DC Talk's 'Jesus Freak' CD. Oh what memories that CD holds for me. As I drove, I got excited with each song & then I was crying. Because of what an amazing year that was. We had SO much fun. But I was also thinking about where all our lives have taken us. That 9 months was so carefree. We had no clue what our lives would be like 10 years from then. We all had our hopes & dreams. For some, they are exactly were they had planned. Others they are on very different courses.
It came out my first year of MC & us MC's got to have advanced copies of the CD. We thought we were rock stars or something. We listened to it everywhere & all the time.
Maria & I would dance to it in our room when we were getting ready.
We played it in the 'boogy van'.
We all had portable CD players & we would jam to it on them.
We even did a human video to 'What Have We Become'. I played a little girl that OD's because her parents were fighting. I would put my hair in pigtails & wore a pair of overalls for my part. Wendi & Gremar were my parents. And I believe Shaylon was Jesus. I got to die in my part & Lee would have to drag me behind the box Shaylon stood on. It was one of my Favorite human videos we did. All I had to do was lay there pretty much the whole time! LOL
On that CD, there is a part were this old lady Mrs. Morgan talks, about the drummer (or drumma as she says). I remember Michael could quote it perfectly in her voice. It was hilarious!

Here's my question:
Is there an album, tape or CD that holds a special place in your heart?

4 comments:

  1. Most definitely! That would be Hanson's MMM-Bop..(don't laugh). Oh the memories...I was obsessed w/them...especially Taylor. I recorded every T.V. show they were on, had every poster, etc. etc. I still have my Hanson scrapbook! I was even so obsessed that when we went through Oaklahoma on a Mission Trip, I picked grass from there and put it in my scrapbook just b/c the Hanson's were from Oaklahoma! I definitely went through the "Hanson Stage"...Laurie was right there w/me along w/Jessie. My mom has the picks to prove it, I even dressed like them! :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...what a goober i am...i spelled Oklahoma wrong TWICE!
    ~dg

    ReplyDelete
  3. First is "Rockin' Robin"!! My Mom and Dad use to bop to that and I loved to watch them.
    Second is the Platters, Great Pretender! Mama told me that when they are saying, 'I'm the Great Pretender' to listen and it sounds like they are saying, 'I'm the Great Green Teddy Bear'! Ever since then when I hear that song all I can hear is Great Green Teddy Bear!
    Third is 'AL GREEN' and I will not tell for what reasons.
    OOOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cd that hold a place in my heart would have to be third day there first album

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.